Academic Staff – Teaching Positions
Tumaini University Dar es Salaam College (TUDARCo) is a Constituent College of Tumaini University Makumira since 1st April, 2003. TUDARCo is owned by the Eastern and Coastal Diocese (ECD) of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Tanzania (ELCT). The institution was granted, by the Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU), Certificate of Full Registration on 29th March, 2007; it was also granted its Charter in 2010; and attained and was granted Certificate of Accreditation in August 2019. TUDARCo premises are located along Coca Cola Road, and it currently has a student population of about 3,500. It delivers undergraduate and postgraduate degree programmes as well as Certificate and Diploma programmes.
Its various academic programmes are hosted and delivered by its four Schools, namely; School of Law and Justice (SoLJu), School of Business Studies (SoBS), School of Education and Human Development (SoEHD), and School of Humanities and Social Sciences (SoHSS). TUDARCo is currently being re-engineered and re-branded with a view to transforming it into a competitively dynamic and vibrant university institution.
B: Positions being Advertised
TUDARCo now wishes to recruit additional academic staff for the School of Law and Justice (SoLJu) and the School of Education and Human Development (SoEHD).
School of Law and Justice (SoLJu):- Lecturer/Senior Lecturer: One (1) position
- Holder of a PhD in Law from a higher learning institution recognised by TCU. The applicant must be able to teach Law courses in both undergraduate and postgraduate programmes.
School of Education and Human Development (SoEHD):- Lecturer/Senior Lecturer: One (1) position.
Holder of a PhD in Linguistics, from a higher learning institution recognised by TCU.
- In addition to the above specific qualifications, applicant must possess a minimum GPA of 4.0 or a B+ average at Master’s degree level, and an undergraduate degree with an overall GPA of 3.5 or higher from a higher learning institution recognised by TCU.
- Applicants must further have ability to engage in teaching, research and consultancy services.
Successful candidates will be offered attractive packages commensurate with their qualifications and experience.
D: Mode of Application
- Interested and suitably qualified individuals should submit their applications with attached detailed curriculum vitae, relevant copies of transcripts, certificates, telephone contacts and three referee’s details.
- Applicants who have already submitted their applications need not reapply.
- Certificates from foreign Universities should be verified by the Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU)
- Certificates from foreign examination bodies for Ordinary or Advanced level education should be verified by The National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA).
- Presentation of forged certificates & other information will necessitate to legal action.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications should be addressed to the Provost using the address below
or the e-mail address [email protected]
All applications should reach the Provost by Friday 02nd April, 2021 at 16:30 hours.