FOR NATIONAL STAFF ONLY
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation. MSF is therefore guided by the principles of neutrality and impartiality. These principles must apply to all MSF staff.
Minimum Educational Qualification:
- Technical diploma, desirable specialization in water and sanitation
- Previous experience in technical works and organising of multiple activities, preferably within MSF or similar work environment
- English and Swahili (fluent, oral & written) required. Kirundi will be an asset.
- Supporting the Water, Hygiene and Sanitation (Watsan) Manager in the implementation and supervision of Watsan activities, including tools and materials employed according to MSF standards and protocols, in order to improve health and living conditions of the target population.
Main competencies and knowledge:
- Detail-oriented, team spirit, verbal communication skills, Good listener, Discreet, Organisational skill, strong motivation to evolve within an international context, Behavioural flexibility, stress and time management.
- Computer literacy (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
Main Responsibilities :
- Ensuring the day-to-day implementation and administration of assigned Watsan activities at project level, including but not limited to, water supply, excreta disposal, waste management, vector control, and dead bodies management.
- Ensuring that the MSF procedures and protocols are followed by the Watsan teams to guarantee the operational quality of the project.
- Ensuring the maintenance and repair of technical equipment in the project to guarantee an adequate running of Watsan activities.
- Ensuring the distribution of the materials and tools used in water treatment, hygiene and sanitation (e.g. physical organization and inventory of stocks, receiving and processing orders for water, sanitation and hygiene material, check that the amounts received are recorded, and check monthly consumptions, etc.).
- Supporting the Watsan Manager in ensuring an appropriate emergency preparedness and response capacity (physical verification of stocks, contacts, transport means, staff training). Ensuring appropriate assistance to the project response team and if required, participating in emergency activities or exploratory visits.
- Supporting the Watsan Manager in the team planning (e.g. staff rosters and admin, HR processes, etc.) and informing and involving the Watsan Manager in case of any major management or technical issue, and providing all required reporting.
- Planning and supervising the HR processes (recruitment, training, performance evaluation, tasks definition and internal and external communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required for the activity.
- Participating in data collection and reporting as required.
All interested applicants should submit a cover letter, CV, supporting documents (copies of diplomas), and phone number to: Administrator, MSF Tanzania, Nduta – Please deposit CVs at Nduta camp CV box
or send through [email protected]
Please make sure the subject of your email will be: WATSAN SUPERVISOR – APPLICATION
The deadline for the submission of applications is at 4PM on 14/12/2020
Only applications in English or French will be considered .
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.