Water, Sanitation, Hygiene, Healthcare Waste Management and Cleaning (WASH) STTA
Deadline of this Job:
15 May 2020
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, April 30, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The primary objective of this consultancy is to assist the Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC) in implementing WASH activities at the facilities and making the environment conducive to infection Prevention and control. .
The following are the recommended qualifications:
• Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the WASH activities implementation at the healthcare facilities’ level.
• Minimum of Master’s degree in environmental sciences, communicable diseases control, public health, tropical medicine and hygiene, or any related field.
• Senior-level expertise with at least 5-year experience working in healthcare facility setting.
• Demonstrated past experience in WASH interventions and supporting national level coordination.
• Demonstrated experience in Consultancy assignments related to WASH and/or Healthcare Waste Management.
• Fluency in the English language.
• Basic competency in Microsoft office applications.
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Conduct stakeholder mapping at national and regional levels.
• Conduct needs assessment of gaps in implementation of WASH initiatives in the health facilities using WHO and national assessment tools.
• Orient facility staff on new WASH guideline (one day session).
• Set target and define roadmap for improvement in relation to IPC/WASH guideline and monitor progress.
• Mentor healthcare workers on implementation of WASH interventions.
• Build capacity of healthcare workers to finance WASH activities through community engagement
• Timely preparation and submission of reports.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Follow the link below to apply: https://jobs-msh.icims.com/jobs/11073/water%2c-sanitation%2c-hygiene%2c-healthcare-waste-management-and-cleaning-%28wash%29-stta/job?mobile=false&width=1100&height=500&bga=true&needsRedirect=false&jan1offset=180&jun1offset=180