North Mara Gold Mine Limited
Deadline of this Job:
28 October 2021
Dar es Salaam
Friday, October 15, 2021
, Base Salary:
Underground Mechanical Trainer
North Mara Gold Mine Limited is seeking to recruit one (01) Underground Mechanical Trainer to join Underground Maintenance Team. The successful candidate for this position will carry out assigned mechanical tasks within the guidelines of Company Standard Operating Procedures and Best Practice as well as other assigned tasks within the range of competencies. This is a Fixed-Term role. The role will report to Underground Mobile Fleet Superintendent.
• Ensure team member in the plant adhere to safety regulations and use the correct PPE.
• Report all Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) issues via an incident report.
• Perform task risk assessments (JHA, FLRA).
• Ensure a healthy and safe working environment for all employees.
• Maintaining, repairing mechanical issues, diagnostics / Fault Finding and Routine inspection on a variety of Underground machines Coordinate activities in the unit and report back to Mobile Maintenance Superintendent.
• Ensure that mobile equipment is maintained in a safe and cost effective manner.
• Ensure all Barrick safe work practices are observed, and implemented in the department of responsibility.
• Ensure the preparation and execution of maintenance plans and schedules on the basis of daily, weekly and monthly mining and ore processing priorities.
• Supervising, training, developing and nationalization of the maintenance team.
• End of month reporting of maintenance performance against plan.
• The quality, cost and timeliness of maintenance activities are critical to the project as a whole.
• Ensure maintenance costs are kept to, or below assigned budget.
• Display a sense of urgency to ensure timely repair and maintenance of mine equipment.
• Contribute to the operations by ensuring that all maintenance activities are planned and completed in a cost effective manner with minimal disruption to ore processing and mining activities.
• Demonstrate commitment to safe work practices by example and act immediately on any unsafe act or situation observed and monitor standards.
• Actively promote and foster the development of a pro-active site safety behaviors that makes safety an integral part of all work activities.
• Identify and rectify/report specific hazards using Job Safety Analysis (JSA) process.
• Assist with accident/incident investigation and with the induction and training of new employees.
• Ensure all employees reporting to this position attend safety related training courses and engage in any of the company’s safety initiatives.
A relevant trade qualification in mechanical or Technician Certificate from a recognized institution.
A Mechanical Trade Certification is highly desired.
• Minimum of 8 years’ Artisanal experience in mechanical fitting and mobile equipment maintenance.
• Demonstrated competencies in the rebuild and servicing of underground mining mobile equipment’s.
• Well-developed oral and written communication skills as well as the ability to interact with People of diverse cultures and levels.
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
• Strong Safety Background and ability to drive a Safe working environment and practices.
• Excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal.
• Computer skills –MS Excel, Access, Word, Outlook.
• Hazard Identification & Risk Assessment.
• Driving ability.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
• A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses, benefits, and where applicable.
• Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
• Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
• Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months:
Job application procedure
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s, careful read application guidelines
Rename your CV in this format CV – YOUR FULL NAME
Indicating the role title “UNDERGROUND MECHANICAL TRAINER” in the subject of your email.
Send your application via e-mail to:
If you are not contacted by Barrick – North Mara Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward applications before 28TH OCTOBER 2021.
Other Dar es Salaam District Dar Es Salaam Details Description Promote Mchongoo as products and it services by developing series sites, social media, marketing materials, and other platforms. They create…
Overview Job Category: Security, Homeland Security Job Type: Full-Time Deadline of this Job: 31 October 2021 Duty Station: Dar es Salaam Posted: 19-10-2021 Requirements Job Description Vacancy title: Law Enforcement…
Job title: Project manager, A National Conversation Location: Tanzania Reports to: Senior project manager & editorial lead Duration: 6 months (with possible extension) Special requirements: The right to live…
Arusha Mjini Arusha Details Description Registered nurses are sought for all Departments and Wards. Experienced, committed, up-to-date nurses are required. Responsibilities To provide high-quality nursing care using the appropriate nursing…
Job Title: SENIOR HIVSTTECHNICAL ADVISOR Reporting to: COUNTRY REPRESENTATIVE Location: DODOMA, TANZANIA Who we are With 50 years of experience, working in over 60 countries, Population Services International (PSI) is…