UN Coordinator for COVID-19
Jobs at:UN Volunteer
Deadline of this Job:
08 May 2020
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, April 27, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
UN Coordinator for COVID-19 at UN Volunteer .
Description of taskTo this effect, the Resident Coordinators Office will like to recruit the services of a national UNV to facilitate the UN in implementing the UN staff prevention and response to COVID-19 plan with a focus on staff welfare and safety, to support the government in coordinating resource mobilization efforts and in to engage partners in the response against COVID-19 in Zanzibar. The UNV will work directly under direct supervision of the UN Area Coordinator (UNAC) and will be responsible for the following tasks.
• Support the UN in Zanzibar in providing staff security and safety during the COVID-19 pandemic including information sharing, reporting and monitoring of staff and the provision of preventive materials necessary for staff safety and security.
• Activate the UN Area Security plan by ensuring wardens and respective personnel are informed of staff whereabouts, and the emerging COVID-19 cases within their community.
• Monitor the implementation of the UN COVID-19 contingency and response plan for Zanzibar particularly, and provide necessary assistance related to UN staff contact tracing, staff isolation, quarantine and medical evacuation.
• Support the UN led working group to document the joint UN response to COVID 19 as well as in the joint UN resource mobilization efforts.
• Any other responsibilities as required by UN Area Coordinator.
Job Skills: Not Specified
Required degree level: Bachelor degree or equivalent
Education – Additional Comments:Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, community development or any other related field.Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, community development or any other related field.
Required experience: 36 Months
Minimum of 3 years of professional experience. Prior experience in international organizations an asset.
• Experience with organizing and coordinating meetings, conferences and events
• Able to prioritize work, multi-task and meet deadlines;
• Strong interpersonal skills and flexibility, responsibility, integrity, team work, self-motivate
• Excellent writing and communication skills.
• Adequate co-ordination skills
• Fluent in both verbal and written English and Kiswahili
• Previous experience as a volunteer and/or experience of another culture, (i.e. studies, volunteer work, internship) would be highly regarded;
• English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
Area of expertise: Emergency response, immediate relief operations, and post-conflict humanitarian aid operations
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections
of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink.
Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at
https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to
Follow the link below to apply: https://www.unv.org//calls/TZAR000129-6847