UG Mining Manager
Jobs at:Barrick - North Mara Gold Mine Limited
Deadline of this Job:
31 July 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, July 27, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job title: UG Mining Manager
North Mara Gold Mine Limited is seeking to recruit Underground Mining Manager to join North Mara team. The successful candidates for this position will carry out assigned Underground leadership tasks within the guidelines of Company Standard Operating Procedures and Best Practice as well as other assigned tasks within the range of competencies. The position will report to the Mine General Manager.
• Provide highly visible leadership in Health Safety and Environment, Production and Quality control to enable the development of a high-performance
• Lead the mine operations management team and manage all mining personnel and resources
• Ensure that all applicable statutory requirements are met in terms of labour, environment, health and safety.
• Prepare operational plans for the mine, and monitor and report progress
• Propose capital expenditure projects to expand capacity or improve operations
• Prepare production and operating budgets, and report performance and costs
• Recognize operational, technical and safety challenges, take action to prevent or overcome them, and continuously seek improvement
• Contribute to business strategy to improve company’s competitiveness, profitability and growth
• Oversee new projects, (ex. installing new mining equipment)
• Oversee the recruitment and development of superintendents, supervisors, and operators, providing support and guidance to build an effective workforce
• Work collaboratively and oversee mine maintenance, mine engineering, support services to achieve all business plan objectives
• Participate in development and execution of Reliability cantered Maintenance (RCM) programs (including master data and functional location development, reliability strategies, maintenance strategies, maintenance programs, spare parts, critical spares, and capital replacement programs).
• Development of operations operating controls and support development of training and competency development programs and equipment ramp-up profiles.
• Monitor, performance manage, grow and develop all direct report, as well as ensure process are adhered to ensure a capable and competent mine workforce.
• Ensure effective performance management standards are maintained through frequent performance assessment of subordinates in line with Company standards
• Review progress and cost tracking reports and make corrections to execution as required.
• University Degree (Bachelor/Masters) BSc in Mine Engineering,
• Minimum of 10 years of experience in a large underground mining operation.
• Experience in an expat environment, preferably as manager.
• Strong experience in setting standards and procedures for underground mining operations
• Experience in underground mining essential preferably in multiple mining methodologies like stopping, caving etc.
• Knowledge of major mining product suppliers and service providers.
• Experience as an Owner Miner with a track record of supervisory roles on a Contract Miner run operation.
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
• Strong Character with exceptional leadership and management skills.
• The ability to effectively present information to all levels of the organization.
• Ability to work well with all levels of management, executive leadership and support staff
• Strong safety commitment and improvement mindset.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks.
• Commitment to Company DNA and Core Values.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
• A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses, benefits, and where applicable.
• Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
• Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
• Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s (indicating the role title in the subject) via e-mail to: [email protected]
If you are not contacted by Barrick – North Mara Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward applications before 31 July,2021