Jobs at:Bulyanhulu Gold Mine / Barrick
Deadline of this Job:
02 September 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Saturday, August 28, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job title: Tribologist
Bulyanhulu Gold Mine is seeking to recruit Tribologist to join our team. The successful candidate for this position is expected to align to the Barrick DNA and drive a change within his team and the business and on a practical note will ensure activities in the Engineering department are effectively planned and undertaken in a safe and cost effective manner to achieve targets in accordance to BGML Mining Safety Standards, Policies and Procedures.
Reporting to: Foreman – Engineering
• Ensure safe work practices by attending compulsory safety courses and meetings
• Wear the appropriate PPE for the task at hand;
• Assist and conduct incident/accident investigations;
• Comply with Occupational Health and Environmental Policies, as well as other policies, procedures and guidelines;
• Comply with chemical management standard operating procedure BUL-ENV-FOR-0003.
• Comply with tools validation/calibration as per OEM recommendation
• Adhere to laboratory standard operation procedure and guidelines
• Conduct metals test and analysis of results for fresh and used oils
• Conduct viscosity test and analysis of results for fresh and used oils
• Conduct particle count test and analysis of results for fresh and used oil as per ISO 4406 Standard
• Conduct flash point test and analysis of results for diesel new batches
• Conduct dissolve gasses test and analysis of results for transformer oil
• Conduct dielectric strength test and analysis of results for transformer oil
• Ensure report for analysis of results shared with maintenance team before machine is in for PM Service.
• Conduct any other tasks assigned by Foreman Asset Reliability
• Ordinary level certificate – Form IV
• Laboratory Technology – (FTC, Diploma)
• Must have a minimum of 3-5 Years’ experience in Oil Analysis as Chemist/ laboratory Technician
Skills / Knowledge Requirements:
• Excellent communication in English ,both writing and verbal
• Hazard identification and Risk assessment
• Mine health &Safety Act awareness
• Must have good understanding of Basic Computer Skills
What We Can Offer You:
• A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses, benefits, and where applicable.
• Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
• Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
• Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: High School
Job application procedure
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s, careful read application guidelines
• Rename your CV in this format CV – YOUR FULL NAME
• Indicating the role title “TRIBOLOGIST “ in the subject of your email
• Send your application via e-mail to: [email protected]
If you are not contacted by Barrick – Bulyanhulu Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward applications before 2rd September 2021