Tradesperson 1 - Mechanic (Auxiliary Equipment) (16972)
Jobs at:Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML)
Deadline of this Job:
17 September 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, September 09, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
ABOUT GEITA GOLD MINING LTD
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of North Western Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s South East of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Tradesperson 1 – Mechanic (Auxiliary Equipment)
Contract type & Duration: Unspecified time contract
Reporting to: Senior Supervisor – Auxiliary Equipment
Number of Positions: One (1)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Purpose of the role is to perform and complete all task assignment safely, using correct work method and safety precautions to the required quality standard, completing task on time and effectively using the resources, given for each task.
Minimum of Certificate of Secondary Education Examination (CSEE) with the following additional qualifications:
• Diploma in Mechanical Engineering or Automotive Engineering
• Full Technician Certificate (FTC) in Mechanical Engineering or Automotive Engineering
• VETA Trade Test Certificate Grade One in Mechanic or its equivalent
• VETA Level Three Certificate in Mechanic
• Must possess valid Tanzanian Driving license.
• At least 3 - 5 years’ experience as a Mechanic in the maintenance of Light Vehicles, Light Trucks and able to work in the Mining environment
• Experience of at least 3 years working on Dewatering water pumps.
• Experience in working on Generators from 20KVA to 1000 KVA preferably with CAT Engines C9, C15, C18
MAIN OR KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
• Ensure that the work is conducted in a safe working practices and procedures in the LME Workshop and GGM at large.
• Ensure you conduct inspection, attend breakdowns and scheduled maintenance tasks on generators, Gensets and dewatering pumps with C9 engines.
• Ensure that the work is performed to the OEM’S requirements and that best fitment and installation practices are adhered to and impacted to the workforce
• Conduct inspection of equipment’s for damages or defect and records findings.
• Be able to plan work before execution.
• Do all the repair works accordingly.
• Meet work delivery deadlines to minimize the demand for resources without exceeding the required by Date for work completion.
• Always maintain housekeeping standards.
• Report to Supervisor any unsafe equipment immediately.
• Carry out work as required or directed.
• Repair equipment and report completion of tasks to Supervisor.
• Observe all safety requirements relevant to the job in hand.
• Sound knowledge on health, Safety and Environmental issues
• Extensive experience with the maintenance of Light Trucks, Light Vehicles, Gensets, Generators and other Fleets especially CAT dewatering pumps.
• Ability to work under pressure
• He / She must be physical and mentally fit and hard working
• Good in Microsoft skills
• Good communication skills.
• Must be able to work with minimum Supervision
• Demonstrate good commitment to deliver
• Be able to read and understand maintenance manual book.
• Driving competency (Must have a valid Tanzanian license)
MODE OF APPLICATION:
• On the portal you will be required to upload your detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e- mail and telephone contacts, names and addresses of three referees. Please do not attach certificates that are not related to the qualifications stated above.
• You will also be required to upload a cover / application letter addressed to “Senior Manager Human Resources, Geita Gold Mining Ltd”. Subject should be “Tradesperson 1 - Mechanic” (Auxiliary Equipment)
• You will be required to present original certificates if you are contacted for interviews.
• Internal Applicants (those currently employed by AngloGold Ashanti) must have their application letter endorsed by their Head of Department (HOD) or Manager once Removed (MoR).
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Applications should reach the above on or before 17th September, 2021 at 5:30 PM
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Apply at: https://career5.successfactors.eu/career?_s.crb=kiKKjRLHMFjrEo7d2BTjQ%252fH8lygOHnEYGA46pzk%252f6OI%253d