Jobs at:National Institute for Medical Research (NIMR)
Deadline of this Job:
13 September 2021
Within Tanzania , Mwanza , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, August 30, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job title: Tracer
The National Institute for Medical Research (NIMR) is a Parastatal Organization established by an Act of Parliament No. 23 of 1979 (CAP.59, R.E.2002) and became operational in 1980. NIMR-Mwanza Research Centre (MMRC) is one of the NIMR Centers located in Mwanza. The Centre is currently conducting research on HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis, non-communicable diseases (NCDs) as well as other diseases of public health importance. On behalf of the Director General of the National Institute for Medical Research, the Centre Director of NIMR Mwanza is looking for the qualified, experienced and well-motivated personnel to fill the following vacant positions in the Long-term health after Severe Acute Malnutrition in children and adults: the role of the Pancreas (SAMPA) study. SAMPA is a longitudinal study investigating the links between undernutrition and future diabetes risk and will be based in Mwanza city.
REPORTING: will report and work under the Head of Clinical Research Department.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. To do community mobilization and tracing of study participants from the community and hospitals in Mwanza city;
2. To collect and update personal information and physical addresses of the participants for follow-up purposes;
3. To attend any other study-related duty as may be advised by supervisor ;
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCES:
1. Diploma in health, social or management sciences, from a recognized college/university;
2. At least five years working experience in clinical research setting as a study tracer;
3. Able to work under pressure and multi-tasking settings with high level of integrity;
4. Strong language skills fluency in written and spoken English and Swahili including presentation skills;
5. Computer literate;
6. The applicant should be a Tanzanian below 45 years
• Up to one-year employment contract which may be renewed on the basis of performance and mutual agreement.
• The successful candidate will be based at NIMR-Mwanza, Mwanza City.
• A competitive salary will be offered as per Government of Tanzania’s Salary Scale.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
All applications should be enclosed with certified photocopies of relevant certificates and detailed curriculum vitae. Applicants are required to submit their applications not later than 13th September 2021 of this advertisement to the address below. Applicants are also reminded to indicate all contact information necessary with which information can reach them easily.
The Centre Director,
NIMR, Mwanza Research Centre,
P.O. Box 1462,
Only shortlisted applicants will be notified. In case you do not hear from us in two weeks’ time after the closing date consider yourself unsuccessful.