Bulyanhulu Gold Mine is seeking to recruit Timberman to join our team. The successful candidate for this position is expected to align to the Barrick DNA and drive a change within his team and the business and to ensure activities in the Shaft are effectively planned and undertaken in a safe and cost-effective manner to achieve targets in accordance to BGML Mining Safety Standards, Policies and Procedures.
Reporting to : Shaft Supervisor
Work Schedule: 7 Days On / 7 Days Night / 7 Days Off
- Ensure safe work practices by attending compulsory safety courses and meetings
- Comply with Occupational Health and Environmental Policies, as well as other policies, procedures and guideline.
- To ensure that all shaft repair and maintenance (changing pipes timbers and guides) are well attended
- To carry out secondary blasting
- To ensure and maintain proper housekeeping to the Shaft dams.
- Maintaining shaft bottom condition
- Maintaining of head gear
- Responsible for production report writing.
- Responsible for PH controlling
- To maintain shaft safety devices (fire extinguishers shaft gates station gates)
- To carry out shaft exams
- Oversee daily of on skip and cage together with millwright
- Inspect loading flask liners and steel structure of loading pocket
- Responsible for inspecting rock breaker grizzle
- Ensure and maintain proper housekeeping at working area
- Perform all other tasks assigned by Supervisor
- Ordinary secondary education –Form IV Certificate
- All shaft certificates
- Blasting certificate
- Valid driving license
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in underground Mining.
- Experience in shaft operations
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Knowledge in operating shaft
- Mine health & safety awareness
- Excellent communication in English, both writing and verbal
- Hazard identification and Risk assessment
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses, benefits, and where applicable.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s, careful read application guidelines
- Rename your CV in this format CV – YOUR FULL NAME
- Indicating the role title “ TIMBERMAN” in the subject of your email
- Send your application via e-mail to: [email protected]
If you are not contacted by Barrick- Bulyanhulu Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward applications before: 26 th December 2020
BEWARE OF CONMEN! BGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Compliance Hotline, by calling +1-877-246-5399 or through www.barrickgold.ethispoint.com