Temporary Project Operation Assistant
Jobs at:The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF )
Deadline of this Job:
12 April 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, April 09, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF ) is a global leader in the fight against pediatric HIV and AIDS, working in 19 countries and supporting close to 6,000 sites around the world to prevent the transmission of HIV to children, and to facilitate access to services for those already infected. Today, because of the highly successful work of the Foundation and its partners, pediatric AIDS has been virtually eliminated in the United States. With a growing global staff of over 1,000—nine of 10 who work in the field—the Foundation’s global mission is to implement prevention, care, and treatment; further advance innovative research and to execute strategic and targeted global advocacy activities to bring dramatic change to the lives of millions of women, children, and families worldwide.
Job title : Temporary Project Operation Assistant.
Reporting to : Finance and Administration Coordinator.
Job grade: Grade 3
Project Operations Assistant will work as part of Arusha project teams to ensure timely support of project activities implementation at Kilimanjaro region. He/she is responsible to provide support in the various aspects of project operations and working closely with Kilimanjaro based operations and project activity holders. .
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsible for a day to day running for the office business including supervision on cleanness and security and health protocols
• Responsible to supervise reception desks for visitors and customers, incoming and outgoing phone, letters and office document (invoice, profoma, LPO etc.)
• Running errands to vendors and other stake holders for office business
• Receiving invoices from vendors for timely payment.
• Facilitate project commodities management in the assigned councils and ensure they are fully accounted for.
• Managing stocks, ensuring stock taking and preparing a monthly stock taking reports.
• Ensure commodities and program tools received from Country office are dispatched to respective councils/Sites immediately.
• Ensuring all inventory have EGPAF have tags for branding.
• Provide logistical facilitation to acquire training/workshop venues and other necessary training supplies.
• Ensure payments of all training participants and fully accountability of the payments either done through M-pesa or any other mechanism.
• Work with procurement personnel to ensure all providers/vendors for services like external caterers, venue, stationary etc. are well coordinated and deliver the services timely.
• Facilitate and coordinate the travels of all external training and workshop participants in coordination of activity holders.
• Ensure timely submission of accurate and complete support documentation to Arusha Project Office Finance for all EGPAF facilitated workshops or trainings.
• Ensure correct participants’ per diem calculation, payment supported by copies of Identity cards and verification of recipients’ phone numbers.
• Managing compliance and risk management at the project office.
• Enhancing customer engagement and relationship management.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Strong attention to details
• High numeracy, sound technical skills and analytical approach to work
• Good time management skills
At least degree holder in business administration, finance, accounting, project management.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
EGPAF is an equal opportunities employer and the position is open to all. Qualified candidates should submit a CV, cover letter and relevant certificates all in one document explaining how the experience detailed in the CV will contribute to the requirements of the position and references to EGPAF.
Submissions to be sent to:
Senior Human Resource Manager,
Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric Aids Foundation
P.O. BOX 1628,
395 Ursino Park, Mwai Kibaki Road, Morocco.
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
Application should via: https://phe.tbe.taleo.net/phe02/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=PEDAIDS&cws=41&rid=2349