Temporary Communication and Advocacy Officer
Jobs at:The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF )
Deadline of this Job:
12 April 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, April 09, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation is a global leader in the fight against pediatric HIV and AIDS, working in 19 countries and supporting close to 6,000 sites around the world to prevent the transmission of HIV to children, and to facilitate access to services for those already infected. Today, because of the highly successful work of the Foundation and its partners, pediatric AIDS has been virtually eliminated in the United States. With a growing global staff of over 1,000—nine of 10 who work in the field—the Foundation’s global mission is to implement prevention, care, and treatment; further advance innovative research and to execute strategic and targeted global advocacy activities to bring dramatic change to the lives of millions of women, children, and families worldwide.
Job title: Temporary Communication and Advocacy Officer
Reporting to : Senior Advisor Communication, Outreach and Advocacy and Partnership
Job grade: Grade 5
Location: Dar es Salaam
Contract Duration: 6 Months
USAID Boresha Afya North and Central Zone through PEPFAR as a Prime Partner and funded through PEPFAR mechanism, is implementing a comprehensive, integrated HIV/AIDS/TB and FP activities in Kilimanjaro, Singida, Tabora, Manyara, Arusha and Dodoma regions since October 2016. The project has successful implemented various interventions aimed to improve the health status of Tanzanians. The temporary communications and advocacy officer will work under the supervision of the Senior Advisor – Communications, Advocacy and Partnership and will be responsible for developing and implementing EGPAF Tanzania’s communication, advocacy agenda, including building awareness on the availability, accessibility and utilization of the comprehensive integrated HIVIAIDS/TB and FP in supported regions. .
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Write, edit, and distribute content, including publications, press releases, website content, annual reports, speeches, and other communications material that communicates the organization’s/project activities, products and/or services.
• Establish and maintain effective relationships with journalists, and maintain a media database.
• Identifying and documenting success stories through videos and writing
• Seek opportunities to enhance the reputation of the brand, and coordinate publicity events as required.
• Maintain records of media coverage and collate analytics and metrics.
• Proficiency in design and publishing software and video production and editing.
• Support the documentation and dissemination of promising practices/intervention including production of success/results stories, research findings, Regional, District HIV program profiles and make significant contribution to the quarterly & annual reports, production, and dissemination of communications output.
• Work with the technical team to translate technical information to messages that can be understood and actioned by ordinary citizens.
• Perform any other duties as assigned by supervisor
Job Skills : Not Specified
• Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Journalism, or related field.
• Minimum of 2 – 5 years’ relevant experience in a communications role.
• Knowledge of desktop publishing software (InDesign/Photoshop) and Video editing softwares.
• Experience in working at an NGO specifically in PEPFAR/ USAID Funded projects will be an added advantage.
• Knowledge in Social and Behavioural Change Communication
• Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, content management systems, and social media platforms.
• Great photography skills
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
EGPAF is an equal opportunities employer and the position is open to all. Qualified candidates should submit a CV, cover letter and relevant certificates all in one document explaining how the experience detailed in the CV will contribute to the requirements of the position and references to EGPAF.
Submisions to be sent to:
Senior Human Resource Manager,
Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric Aids Foundation
P.O. BOX 1628,
395 Ursino Park, Mwai Kibaki Road, Morocco.
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
All application should come via: https://phe.tbe.taleo.net/phe02/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=PEDAIDS&cws=41&rid=2348