Technician 1 - Hydrogeology (16257)
Jobs at:Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML)
Deadline of this Job:
16 July 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, July 09, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
ABOUT GEITA GOLD MINING LTD
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of North Western Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s South East of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Technician 1 – Hydrogeology
Contract type & Duration: Unspecified time
Department: Technical Services
Reporting to: Superintendent 1 – Hydrogeology
Number of Positions: One (1)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The role is responsible for assisting Hydrogeologist I in conducting hydro-drilling supervision, data collection and monitoring to achieve all hydrogeology works in time and within budget allocated.
• Diploma in Hydrogeology and water well drilling or related field from the recognized institution is preferred.
• Proficient in a wide range of borehole drilling supervision, borehole yield measurement techniques, including geochemistry interpretation, structural interpretation from geophysical data and use of ArcGIS.
• Valid Tanzanian Driving License and able to drive in Mining environment.
• A minimum of 02 years’ working experience in Open Pit or Underground Mining Operations.
• Should have good knowledge in water well or borehole drilling and yield measurement techniques
• Must be a safety conscious for him/herself and others.
• Must know how to work under pressure and with minimum supervision.
Main or Key Accountabilities:
• To assist hydrogeology team in field monitoring and data collection.
• Conduct hydrogeology work within the limits of knowledge to maintain high quality work.
• Perform activities in the field in a safe and sustainable manner, in accordance with the HSE requirements/standards.
• To assist in timely hydrogeology field data collection
• Ensure high quality data collection and other appropriate quality analysis and control procedures are followed, including reviewing the samples reported.
• Ensure security of all samples and analytical results and ensure confidentiality of all company information.
• Comply with all applicable AGA policies and procedures, and always, act in accordance with AGA’s values
• Commit your best endeavors and full capability to the work assigned to you by your supervisor/manager.
• Advising your supervisor/manager if you do not understand the work that he/she has assigned to you, or if the assignment does not fit with your knowledge of the circumstances, current skills or available time and resources.
• Advising your supervisor/manager of any situations or conditions that could create obstacles to, or opportunities for, the work of the managerial team or company.
• Demonstrating work behaviour consistent with the company Values and work within prescribed boundaries, including required behaviour, company policies, standards, procedures, and legislation requirements.
• Disclosing timely information to supervisor/manager when accountability cannot be met within limits or can be met with less time or resources than planned.
• Identifying, understanding, and addressing safety hazards and risks.
• Demonstrating behaviour that is consistent with the AngloGold Ashanti Safety Vision and Values.
• Collaborating with others in pursuing safety goals.
• Seeking opportunities for learning to improve safety performance.
• Must have good written and oral communication skills in English Language.
• Be physically and mentally fit and hard working
• Highly motivated and willing to attend work /standby and call
• Good awareness and abilities to manage safety, health, and environmental requirements in the workplace.
• Computer Literate – Proficiency and solid experience in Microsoft Office products specifically Excel, PowerPoint, and Words.
• Ability to maintain composure under stressful situations and conflicting priorities.
• Able to apply practical field experience and technical skills.
• Demonstrate a good commitment to deliver
• Driving Competency with Tanzania Driving License Class B and D.
• Must have skills to apply accurate / appropriate techniques for
• Supervision of dewatering, water supply and piezometer drilling
• Logging of boreholes (RC, RAB, Mud rotary, etc.)
• Sampling (borehole, trench, pit, geochemistry, etc.)
• Piezometer drilling and installation
• Monitoring data collection, data entry onto appropriate computer software programs, and data interpretation.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
• Please apply through our recruitment portal by clicking the 'APPLY' button below.
• On the portal you will be required to upload your detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e- mail and telephone contacts, names and addresses of three referees. Please do not attach certificates that are not related to the qualifications stated above.
• You will also be required to upload a cover / application letter addressed to “Senior Manager Human Resources, Geita Gold Mining Ltd”. Subject should be “Technician 1 – Hydrogeology”
• You will be required to present original certificates if you are contacted for interviews.
• Internal Applicants (those currently employed by AngloGold Ashanti) must have their application letter endorsed by their Head of Department (HOD) or Manager once Removed (MoR).
Applications should reach the above on or before 16th July 2021 at 5:30 Pm
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
To apply visit: https://career5.successfactors.eu/career?_s.crb=cVqI2jAtuUXaBpxE9UIAB9evRQ3Pepljcq4KsTopnh8%253d