Provide technical leadership and oversight to WASH programmes and projects located within the region, district or zonal area.
Be accountable for program implementation that meets minimum technical standards, and for the delivery of key Technical Sector performance indicators and supports staff implementing area programme level WASH with technical guidance and liaises with the national office WASH to ensure alignment to national WASH focus and policies.
Develops a sub-national (district, zonal, etc.) work plan and identifies strategic partners to work with in implementing the program.
With national level support, helps develop local-level WASH capacity and engages with district level government officials.
Identifies and shares learnings and good practices from implementation with WASH Team leader and NO leadership?.
The staff will have 50% support for Masasi Integrated WASH Project implemented in Lindi & Tunduru Districts in partnership with Anglican Church of Tanzania, Diocese of Masasi and 50% other WASH Initiatives in World Vision.
Observe mission and core values of World Vision and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that is an example to others.
% of time
Activity End Results
50%Technical oversight, guidance and quality assurance
Support implementation of WASH projects and programmes
To support WASH projects/programs Team Leaders/Managers in ensuring compliance of all WASH standards and donor regulations
- Advise on quality implementation of WASH projects and programmes
- Liaise between programmes and projects and national office leadership
- Support the assessment and tracking of quality of implementation and alignment to standards, government policies and donor requirements.
- Conduct activities to assess quality in the field, solicit community and stakeholder feedback
- Provide technical support in preparation of divisional strategies, annual operational plan and budget.
- Collaborate with various bodies and individuals, including local authorities, government agencies, clients, contractors, residents, suppliers, technical experts and other consultants in implementation of WASH projects
15% Monitoring and reporting
- Support implementation of DME activities
- Ensure data gathered is used for decision making and programme improvements
- Ensure project reporting requirements are met by reviewing project reports (Narrative and financial reports) prior to submission to Support Office or respective channels as needed
- Budget tracking and management to ensure that assigned projects spend within approved budgets and provide any explanations for variances in finance reports regarding burn rates and any other. Take part in quarterly grants review meetings and monthly spending budgets as grant holder for assigned projects.
- Maintain project dashboards for assigned projects and submit the same for consolidation to Management.
10% Resource acquisition and accountability
- Support in raising local resources for WASH
- Support in tracking accountability to donors, partners and duty-bearers
- 10%Capacity building and staff development
- Support competency assessment and training for local area programme staff
- Provide mentoring and coaching for local level staff
5% Advocacy, external engagement and partnering
- Identify strategic partners to work with in implementing the program
- Networking with district-level WASH stakeholders
- Attending regional, district and local meetings as appropriate
- Ensuring alignment to safeguarding of program activities
- Ensure safeguarding training and orientation for all sector partners including community level are effectively carried out
5% Other activities
- Participate in the global WASH community of practice and major WASH networks in the country.
- Ensure multi-sectoral integration
- Participating and supporting WV non-sector activities
- As may be assigned by the line managers or appointed by Management.
KNOWLEDGE/QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE ROLE
Required Professional Experience 3 years in Managerial level and with Technical Skills & Abilities including: Computer skills and conversant with AutoCAD/ ArchCAD; demonstrate ability in supervision, Experience in working with water projects; Working knowledge of proposal writing and negotiation skills; Good planning and organizational skills; Ability to maintain effective working relationships with all levels of staff, partners and donors
training, license, registration, and certification
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering, Water Engineering, Environmental Engineering,
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications
Masters of Science in Water Engineering, registered with Tanzania board of Engineers.
Travel and/or Work Environment
- Will be required to travel to project areas.
- Based in Masasi – Mtwara region with travel to project sites in Lindi & Tunduru, Arusha and other WVT assignment areas. Language
- Fluent in English & Swahili
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
Contact (within WV or outside WV) Reason for contact Frequency of contact
- Masasi Integrated WASH Project Team & DMDO Day to day implementation of project activities, provide Technical support to ensure donor commitments are met Daily/Weekly
- Masasi Integrated WASH Project Management Committee Tracking the timely implementation of the planned activities according to the Work Plan, delays and catch-up action plans, challenges as well as project resource utilization. Bi-Weekly
- Masasi Integrated WASH Steering Committee Engaged on bigger pictures including making decisions such as approach, budget, major delays, as well as planning for the next phase of the project.
The deadline for submitting the application is 01 September 2021.