Technical Excellence Manager, PQI
Jobs at:Save the Children
Deadline of this Job:
14 January 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, January 13, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Technical Excellence Manager, PQI
We are currently recruiting for a Technical Excellence Manager, Program Quality and Impact based in any existing Save the Children Office. The Technical Excellence team consists of one Senior Manager and two Managers focused on supporting country and regional offices and global thematic teams to identify, grow and engage country technical experts to apply our best, evidence-based work for children, especially Common Approaches.
The purpose of the Technical Excellence Manager role is:
1. To lead on the pedagogical approach for the development and operation of Learning Programs for technical/thematic experts especially from country offices. These Learning Programs are 3 – 6 months long courses, primarily using remote learning, to build and strengthen the capability of technical experts to design, contextualize and support the delivery of 18 different evidence-based ‘Common Approaches’ to solving particular problems for children.
2. To support the technical convenor(s) and instructors of the Learning Programmes during delivery to ensure a seamless learner experience.
3. To coordinate and provide to support to Save the Children’s global technical Leadership structure (Technical Leadership Groups & Technical Working Groups). .
Job Responsibilities: Not Specified
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
• Significant job related experience in adult learning, including relevant experience in development and/or humanitarian contexts
• Understanding and ability to apply learning and capacity development strategies
• Experience working in at least one of the five global thematic areas (health & nutrition, education, child protection, child poverty and child rights governance) preferred
• Experience with web-based platforms and using information systems
• Demonstrated proficiency in the use of SharePoint 2010 or 2013
• Demonstrated proficiency in the development and management of data bases and/or document catalogues
• Exceptional oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
• Familiarity with the state of the art in communication technology, including the application of Workplace to accommodate business related needs
• Ability to work and communicate across cultures, as part of a geographically dispersed team and across organizations and stakeholders
• Ability to work with, and communicate with, program oriented IT professionals across the movement
• The ability to work in a second language would be a strong advantage, in particular, Arabic, French or Spanish.
• Adaptable working style and effective when working in situations that may appear ambiguous.
• Self- motivated and able to work with high degree of autonomy and without close supervision.
Job Qualifications: Not Specified
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Education Experience: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Please apply in English saving your CV and cover letter as a single document, including details of your current remuneration and salary expectations for this role. A copy of the full role profile can be found at https://www.savethechildren.net/careers
If you previously applied for this position, please do not re-apply.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.