Technical Director – Systems Strengthening, ACHIEVE
Deadline of this Job:
06 November 2020
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, October 30, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Pact seeks a Systems Strengthening Technical Director for ACHIEVE Tanzania in Dodoma, Tanzania. ACHIEVE is a five-year, USAID-funded global cooperative agreement with the dual objectives of attaining and sustaining HIV epidemic control among at-risk and hard to reach pregnant and breastfeeding (PBF) women, infants, children, and youth, as well as to mitigate the impact of HIV/ AIDS and prevent HIV transmission among these populations; and supporting the transition of prime funding and implementation to capable local partners in order to meet the PEPFAR goal of 70% of funding to local partners.
ACHIEVE has been funded by USAID in Tanzania to implement a four-year activity which aims (1) to improve national- and community-level social welfare systems in order to sustain support for orphans and vulnerable children (OVC) and families affected by HIV; (2) to deliver high-quality services to OVC in assigned regions; and (3) to strengthen the capacity of local organizations to deliver OVC services. ACHIEVE will begin activities in Tanzania in October 2020.
The Technical Director – Systems Strengthening (TD-SS) will lead the team responsible for achieving the project’s first Strategic Objective, related to strengthening the social services workforce, social welfare planning and budgeting systems, and other OVC-focused systems, structures, and tools. The TD-SS will also be responsible for ensuring that the project’s systems strengthening activities successfully link to and support the achievement of the project’s other objectives. The TD-SS will be part of the project’s senior leadership and management team. .
• Provide technical leadership, guidance, and support to the Systems Strengthening team and activities to ensure achievement of all expected results.
• Participate in hiring, supervision, and mentoring of a team of systems strengthening experts and program support staff as well as team members from ACHIEVE consortium partner, Palladium.
• Serve as the primary point of contact for Government of Tanzania partners, including PO_RALG, MoHCDGEC, and others, as well as other stakeholders on systems strengthening.
• Participate in or ensure high-level project representation and leadership where needed on technical working groups with Government of Tanzania and other stakeholders linked to key project initiatives.
• Provide other direct technical inputs in line with background expertise and project needs.
• Identify key systems strengthening gaps and oversee needed processes for engaging outside expertise where appropriate.
• With the Project Director, represent ACHIEVE’s Systems Strengthening activities with USAID, PEPFAR, and other partners.
• Lead the design, planning, monitoring and budgeting of activities under the Systems Strengthening objective and participate in other project level processes to ensure integration of systems strengthening with other project components.
• Ensure the completion of all reporting requirements and other deliverables related to the Systems Strengthening objective.
• Coordinate with ACHIEVE HQ staff in the successful programmatic and technical implementation of the Systems Strengthening component of the
• Facilitate coordination with other relevant in-country initiatives and, as appropriate, other related ACHIEVE buy-ins, Pact projects, or other projects.
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Advanced degree (Masters or higher) in a relevant field such as public health, social work, etc.
• At least 5 years of senior-level management and/or technical advisor-type experience in social welfare systems strengthening in Tanzania.
• Prior experience working with or in collaboration with PO-RALG and/or MoHCDGEC Department of Social Welfare.
• Technical expertise with one or more of the following: social welfare workforce strengthening; design and/or implementation of integrated case management systems focused on children or adolescents; and social welfare planning and budgeting. previous senior-level management experience working on USAID- and/or PEPFAR-funded systems strengthening, technical assistance, OVC or child protection, and/or capacity building projects.
• Demonstrated track record of successfully building and effectively managing diverse teams of employees.
• Demonstrated effective interpersonal and creative problem-solving skills.
• Demonstrated ethical management practices.
• Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with government and civil society partners.
• Demonstrated knowledge of USAID’s objectives and Journey to Self-Reliance.
• Tanzanian work experience necessary; Tanzania National preferred.
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
To apply please click here https://careers-pactworld.icims.com/jobs/1500/job