Team Leader - Data Quality Assurance (DQA) (multiple positions)
Deadline of this Job:
22 December 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, December 15, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Position Title: Team Leader - Data Quality Assurance (DQA) (multiple positions)
Type of Contract: Specific Task
Supervises: Team Member - Data Quality Assurance (DQA)
Job Location: Mwanza
Travel: Up to 75% in intervention districts outside of job location
Overall Job Function:
The Team Leader - DQA will support DQA Team Members to conduct data quality assurance exercise at the health facilities. The Team Leader is responsible for supporting all data verification activity at the site level, guiding the standard data triangulations, implementation of SOPs, and coordination with R/CHMT and health facility leads. The Team Leader supervises Team Members to ensure accurate review and documentation of all client files reviewed and cross-checked and ensuring analysis from all critical service delivery points including pharmacy, triage, testing points, CTC/PMTCT clinic, among others. The Team Leader collaborates with R/CHMTs to ensure use of electronic information processes and transformation of reported paper-based documentation to electronic data comparison. S/he will summarize findings, gaps, and recommendations.
Specific Responsibilities and Duties:
• Collaborate with R/CHMT to set up the overall DQA process and orient team members on how to conduct the activity.
• Ensure that needed tools are in place and users have clarity on how to use them to conduct the exercise.
• Convey the objectives of the DQA exercise and schedule to the team as well as expected deliverables for each team
• Share indicator list to the team members to be included in the DQA
• Hold sessions with team members and HCWs in collaboration with R/CHMT on SOPs and tools for the DQA
• Identify system gaps that affect data quality
• Document findings from health facility, share feedback with HCWs and R/CHMT and ICAP staff
• Institute corrective actions on site where necessary in collaboration with R/CHMT
• Analyze and triangulate the data collected by DQA team members and produce summary results for each facility
• Aggregate reports from individual facilities and provide district and later regional level summary of findings
• Document all results obtained from the verification exercise.
• Prepare a report showing findings and recommendations that address the observed gaps.
• Perform any other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
Required Qualifications, Knowledge, and Skills:
• Required Education: Degree in health-related courses, strategic information (SI), monitoring and evaluation (M&E), biostatistics or related courses. Master’s degree in related courses if preferred.
• Required Experience: Minimum three years of experience in HIV care and treatment programming, including monitoring and evaluation (M&E).
• Must have strong computer skills (MS Excel, Access, Word, and PowerPoint at minimum)
• Flexible to work after regular working hours and weekends
• Ability to interact well with others
• Demonstrated knowledge on HIV/AIDS prevention, care, and treatment, and adherence and psychosocial support programs is an added advantage
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with fluency in Kiswahili and English
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Apply at: https://icapacity.icap.columbia.edu/en-us/job/495934/team-member-data-quality-assurance-dqa-multiple-positions before 22nd December 2021