Jobs at:Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation (MGIC),
Deadline of this Job:
31 July 2020
Within Tanzania , Simiyu , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, July 27, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Founded in 1807, The University of Maryland, Baltimore, (also known as the University of Maryland or UMB) comprises of some of the oldest professional schools including school of dentistry, law, medicine, pharmacy, social work and nursing in the United States. UMB works around the world to enhance capacity of governments, Regional and District Health Management Teams to improve the quality of health services through targeted technical assistance, syst ems development and institutionalization of quality improvement initiatives. In Tanzania, UMB works through its affiliate, Maryland Global Initiatives Tanzania (MGIT) a not for profit organization. UMB has teamed up with Amref Health Africa to implement a Comprehensive HIV Care and Treatment project aimed at acceleration of achieving the 95-95-95 goals for HIV Epidemic control and building of sustainable health systems for optimized population-wide health outcomes. The project which is branded as Afya Kamilifu Project received funding from the U.S. President's Emergency Plan for AIDS
Relief (PEPFAR) through CDC Tanzania and will be implemented in ZNZ islands, Tanga and Simiyu regions. UMB and Amref Health Africa will work under the guidance and close collaboration with CDC Tanzania, Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children, Zanzibar Ministry of health, President’s Office Regions Authority and Local Government (PORALG), RHMTs, CHMTs, Health facilities and other stakeholders for successful implementation of the Afya Kamilifu Project.
MGIT is advertising for the following 6 positions below to support its work in the country and invites all qualified candidates to apply:
TB/HIV Officer Job Summary
The TB/HIV Officer will be part of the Afya Kamilifu regional technical team supporting the project in delivering quality and comprehensive TB/HIV services to accelerate the 95-95-95 goal for epidemic control. S/He will ensure that all components within the technical arm in the region integrate efficiently for a greater population and programmatic level impact. S/He will work very closely with the Monitoring and evaluation team, PMTCT, and CQI to ensure general uninterrupted and integrated TB/HIV service delivery. .
• Provide didactic and clinical mentoring for comprehensive TB/HIV services for nurses, physicians, clinical officers and other healthcare providers at local partner treatment facilities as appropriate.
• Build capacity of the HCWs in supported facilities in IPT eligibility assessment, provision and side effect monitoring.
• Build capacity to nurses and clinicians of TB within facilities so that TB notification can reach targets set by the donor
• Provide technical assistance to TB clinic staff with special emphasis on TB/HIV indicators.
• Gather, analyse and use data to plan and measure performance on TB/HIV service delivery in supported region. These data will include IPT initiation and completion rates, TB cascade analysis from CTC 2 data base and HIV testing and ART provision in TB clinics.
• Under the supervision of the TB/HIV advisor, Plan, implement and evaluate new strategies to improve TB related service delivery in supported facilities.
• Work with the TB/HIV Advisor to develop curricula for training related to the technical team’s scope of work.
• Attend meetings, trainings, workshops and consolidate and write reports, and deliver presentations to a variety of audiences in supported facilities and R/CHMTs.
• Participate in selected National HIV care and treatment related initiatives and ensure that National guidelines are implemented within the project in supported facilities.
• Maintain competence through clinical practice in supported facilities.
• Participate in monthly clinical meetings, case conferences, and journal clubs.
• Participate in abstract preparations for the project at local, national, and international conferences
Perform any other duties as assigned by the TB/HIV advisor or relevant authorities
Job Skills: Not Specified
QUALIFICATIONS and EXPERIENCE:
• Registered MD or equivalent required.
• MPH or any Master in health-related field is an added advantage.
• Minimum of 3 years of clinical experience required.
• Minimum of 3 years working in TB/HIV at the national and/or international level
• Prior experience in HIV/AIDS coordination and comprehensive activities implementation
• Current clinical practice License as Medical Officer
• Excellent knowledge of various National and World Health Organization guidelines on HIV care and treatment and, TB.
• Prior experience in capacity building, such as planning and facilitating training and providing technical assistance is an added advantage.
• Prior experience in curriculum development, clinical teaching and conducting trainings.
• Must be a computer literate with knowledge and skills in MS Word, Ms. Excel, Ms. PowerPoint. Knowledge of an y Statistical data package will be an added advantage
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Instructions for Submitting Applications:
• All applications should be submitted electronically to: [email protected] • Applications should include 3 references that are familiar with applicant’s work experience. References should include contact information including daytime phone, and e-mail address.
• All applications should include a cover letter that details one’s suitability for the job highlighting key functional areas, expected qualifications, and experiences.
• Candidates should attach a CV/Resume that highlights one’s key achievements in areas relevant to the job
• Job related stated qualifications and experience are the basic minimum requirements that each applicant must meet to be considered for interviewing.
• All applicants should include daytime phone and skype contact information.
• Deadline for application is 31st July, 2020 at 5:00 PM EAT. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Maryland Global Initiatives Tanzania (MGIT) is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified persons to apply regardless of gender, ethnicity, or any other status variable.