Jobs at:Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation (MGIC),
Deadline of this Job:
31 July 2020
Within Tanzania , Simiyu , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, July 27, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Founded in 1807, The University of Maryland, Baltimore, (also known as the University of Maryland or UMB) comprises of some of the oldest professional schools including school of dentistry, law, medicine, pharmacy, social work and nursing in the United States. UMB works around the world to enhance capacity of governments, Regional and District Health Management Teams to improve the quality of health services through targeted technical assistance, syst ems development and institutionalization of quality improvement initiatives. In Tanzania, UMB works through its affiliate, Maryland Global Initiatives Tanzania (MGIT) a not for profit organization. UMB has teamed up with Amref Health Africa to implement a Comprehensive HIV Care and Treatment project aimed at acceleration of achieving the 95-95-95 goals for HIV Epidemic control and building of sustainable health systems for optimized population-wide health outcomes. The project which is branded as Afya Kamilifu Project received funding from the U.S. President's Emergency Plan for AIDS
Relief (PEPFAR) through CDC Tanzania and will be implemented in ZNZ islands, Tanga and Simiyu regions. UMB and Amref Health Africa will work under the guidance and close collaboration with CDC Tanzania, Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children, Zanzibar Ministry of health, President’s Office Regions Authority and Local Government (PORALG), RHMTs, CHMTs, Health facilities and other stakeholders for successful implementation of the Afya Kamilifu Project.
MGIT is advertising for the following 6 positions below to support its work in the country and invites all qualified candidates to apply:
REPORTS TO: Administratively to AK district office lead and technically to TB/HIV Officer
LOCATION: Simiyu (Maswa/Meatu offices)
The TB/HIV assistant will work under the leadership of the Project Manager and technically to TB/HIV Advisor.S/he will be responsible for R/CHMT and facility level oversight of day to day TB/HIV services delivery while providing technical assistance, capacity building and coordination of related activities. S/He will work closely with the technical team to ensure targets are achieved. .
• Work with Health facilities in the implementation of high-quality TB services in the supported districts.
• Lead on implementation of TB/HIV services at increasing TB notification among health facilities.
• Work with the TB/HIV Advisor to coordinate training and capacity building of Health care workers on TB/HIV
• Co-ordinate supportive supervision and mentoring visits to the health facilities with the R/CHMTs and aid in the development of TB/HIV service delivery improvement plans.
• Support implementation on agreed deliverables as per annual work plan and offer required course of action towards achieving the targets
• Analyze and consolidate data from supported region and use this data to identify gaps and successes.
• Build capacity of the HCWs in supported facilities in IPT eligibility assessment, provision and side effect monitoring.
• Guide HCWs on good documentation of IPT and TB cascade in CTC 2 cards, IPT registers and CTC2 database
Attend meetings, consolidate and write reports, and deliver presentations to a variety of audiences in supported facilities and R/CHMTs.
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Minimum Diploma in Medicine, Nursing or other health related field.
• Experience in HIV/TB Care and Treatment services is critical
• At least 3 years’ experience working with local health facilities in delivery of HIV/AIDS services, TB/HIV and TB.
• Ability to work independently and manage various tasks in a team setting
• Strong organizational and communication skills.
• Experience with Donor- funded projects is highly desirable
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Fluency in written and spoken English and Swahili
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Instructions for Submitting Applications:
• All applications should be submitted electronically to: [email protected] • Applications should include 3 references that are familiar with applicant’s work experience. References should include contact information including daytime phone, and e-mail address.
• All applications should include a cover letter that details one’s suitability for the job highlighting key functional areas, expected qualifications, and experiences.
• Candidates should attach a CV/Resume that highlights one’s key achievements in areas relevant to the job
• Job related stated qualifications and experience are the basic minimum requirements that each applicant must meet to be considered for interviewing.
• All applicants should include daytime phone and skype contact information.
• Deadline for application is 31st July, 2020 at 5:00 PM EAT. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Maryland Global Initiatives Tanzania (MGIT) is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified persons to apply regardless of gender, ethnicity, or any other status variable.