Jobs at:Bulyanhulu Gold Mine
Deadline of this Job:
08 December 2020
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, December 03, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Bulyanhulu Gold Mine is seeking to recruit Survey Technician to join our team. The successful candidate for this position is expected to align to the Barrick DNA and drive a change within his team and the business and on a practical note will ensure activities in the survey department are effectively planned and undertaken in a safe and cost effective manner to achieve targets in accordance to BGML Mining Safety Standards, Policies and Procedures.
Reporting to: Mine Underground Surveyor
Work Schedule: 7 Days Day Shift/ 7 Days Night Shift / 7 Days Day Off
Duration: Permanent .
• Ensure all fired rounds are correctly recorded so as to monitor development trend of every active mining heading.
• Ensure correct DGPS Base setup system
• Compiling the information in a system that it can be retrieved and used
• Development pickup and pickup processing mapping on mined areas
• Ensure all survey station reports and mine stakeout plans are filed correctly.
• Ensure all Survey stations are positioned and placed correctly as directed by the Mine Surveyor
• Regular stock taking of survey consumables to ensure there is at least the minimum required kept in survey store at all times.
• Installation of grade pins, lasers and stations
• Mark-up of Holes Electric hole and Paste holes
• Face mark-ups on drilling areas
• Setup of instrument below station in underground
• Assists the Mine Surveyor in any task required for the maintenance of Survey control
• Numbering batteries of all electronic equipment and ensuring they are charged correctly, keeping record of the mandatory discharging process of all such batteries.
• Daily vehicle cleaning, checks and timely reporting of any defects.
• Liaise with Maintenance Department when reporting defects at regular service intervals.
• Sufficient on the job training and working experience through other documented roles in underground mining surveying that are considered acceptable by company authorities
• Ensure safe work practices, i.e. attending compulsory safety courses and meetings, use of required PPE, incident/accident reporting and ensuring total adherence to all Safety, Occupational Health and Environmental Policies, as well as other relevant policies, procedures and guidelines.
• A Survey Technician’s Certificate.
• Technician certificate in any of the survey related fields of Cartography, Civil engineering, mining engineering, geology should be accompanied with experience of working as a survey assistant in underground mine environment.
• At least 2 years working experience in Underground Mining environment as a survey technician.
• Experience in Software’s – Mincard, Surpac, Deswik, Maptek point studio.
• Experience in using and operating Leica and instruments ie Total stations and RTK GPS
• Experience in using Survey scanners for both Underground and Surface.
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
• Knowledge of any relevant surveying, CAD or mine design software is beneficial
• Knowledge of MS Office suite of programs is beneficial Sound practical experience in any conventional surveying method
• Excellent communication in English , both writing and verbal
• Hazard identification and Risk assessment
• Mine health and Safety Act awareness
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
• A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses, benefits, and where applicable.
• Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
• Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
• Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
Job Experience Requirements: 2 years
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s, careful read application guidelines
Rename your CV in this format CV – YOUR FULL NAME
Indicating the role title “ SURVEY TECHNICIAN “ in the subject of your email
Send your application via e-mail to : [email protected] If you are not contacted by Barrick – Bulyanhulu Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful.
Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.