Supply Chain Advisor
Jobs at:Global Health Supply Chain Program
Deadline of this Job:
25 January 2021
Within Tanzania , Dodoma , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, January 12, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job Title: Supply Chain Advisor
Department/Unit: Systems Strengthening
Reports to: Senior Capacity Building Advisor
The Global Health Supply Chain Program Technical Assistance-Tanzania (GHSC TA-TZ) project, supported by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), provides expert technical assistance to Tanzania to strengthen country supply chain systems across all health elements, e.g., malaria, family planning (FP), HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis (TB) and maternal, newborn and child health (MNCH). In coordination with in-country and development partners, GHSC TA-TZ assists Government of Tanzania health programs by providing strategic planning and implementa¬tion assistance; improving the delivery of health commodities to service sites; providing capacity building support to broaden stakeholders’ understanding and engagement of the supply chain system; and strength¬ening enabling environments to improve supply chain performance.
The Supply Chain Advisor will work under the technical guidance of the Senior Capacity Building Advisor, and will focus on supporting the rollout of the redesign logistics system. S/he will work with the System Redesign Technical Team to ensure alignment across stakeholders on the approach and steps in the system redesign roll out. S/he will work with in country stakeholders including the Medical Stores Department (MSD), President’s Office of Regional Administration and Local Government (PO-RALG), and the Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC). This position will be based in Dar es Salaam or Dodoma, with significant in-country travel .
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Provide technical guidance and secretariat support to the System Redesign Technical Team ensuring harmonization and alignment across GoT stakeholders, IPs, and any other relevant stakehold¬ers.
• Maintain and manage all relevant materials and tools for implementation of the revised system, including training curriculum and standard operating procedures.
• Plan for and conduct monitoring and evaluation of the implementa¬tion of the redesigned system,
• Continuously determining the changes that may be needed and support their implementation
• Facilitate workshops and meetings with key stakeholders in relation to the implementation of the redesigned logistics system.
• Collaboratively develop an implementation plan for the rollout of the system to the rest of the country, managing close collaboration with PSU, MSD, and PO-RALG.
• Provide technical support to MSD zones in line with the redesigned system rollout.
• Work closely with GHSC TA-TZ staff to monitor system performance.
• Liaise with the MIS team to ensure that all relevant needs for the system are captured in the eLMIS.
• Present GHSC TA-TZ work in different stakeholders’ meetings
• Share updates and plans of activities to internal staff
• Ensure workplan activities related to the system design are completed on time and of high quality
• Document success stories, best practices, and lessons learned in the system rollout.
• Serve as a technical resource for project staff for implementing supply chain improvement strategies and management approach¬es related to capacity building.
• Support other capacity building activities as needed.
• Prepare presentations, participate and/or represent the project in stakeholder meetings.
• Complete and submit in a timely fashion written technical and trip reports.
• Perform other duties as assigned
Job Skills: Not Specified
Applicants for this position should be Tanzanian nationals or lawful residents who possess the following minimum qualifications:
• Degree in Pharmacy, Supply Chain, Public Health, or related field.
• At least five years of experience in health supply chains, including experience working in Tanzania’s public health supply chain.
• Knowledge of best practices in supply chain management, particularly for health • Experience providing capacity building
• Knowledge of various electronic health information systems such as eLMIS preferred
• Proven strong leadership skills and ability to build strong interpersonal relationships
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to handle multiple tasks, set priorities and work independently.
• Excellent technical writing and oral presentation skills
• Excellent written and verbal English
• A proven ability to work as part of a team and to be self-managing
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Experience working with the Government of Tanzania and other NGOs preferred.
• Previous work experience with USAID-funded projects desirable.
• Ability to travel for an extended period away from duty station to support technical activities
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Education Experience: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
If you are interested in applying these positions please send your resume, cover letter to [email protected] And kindly include title you are applying for in the subject line.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for interview will be contacted. Deadline for submission shall be on January 25th, 2021. GHSC – TA – TZ is an equal opportunity employer.