North Mara Gold Mine Limited is seeking to recruit One (01) Superintendent – Underground Long Term Planning Engineer to join North Mara team. The successful candidates for this position will carry out assigned Processing tasks within the guidelines of Company Standard Operating Procedures and Best Practice as well as other assigned tasks within the range of competencies. This is a permanent role. The position will report to Technical Services Manager.
- The Superintendent Mining Engineer – UG Mining is to ensure the mine operation functions effectively in an efficient and safe manner to meet relevant budgets and targets.
- Ensure Mining engineers are performing to the standard required.
- Provide miscellaneous technical and mining engineering support to the department, site management team, and other relevant employees and contractors.
- Ensure a compliance with environmental management practices that minimize the impact of the operation
- Provide guidance to employees to assist improve their skills and performance.
- Provide comprehensive and timely contributions to the weekly, monthly and annual reports.
- Ensure that the mining engineering capability and performance is maintained through appropriate selection of employees, establishing clear accountabilities for all team members, effective performance management, development and training of employees.
- Assist and support the Technical Services Manager in the preparation and implementation of short, medium, and long-term plans, schedules and targets.
- Effectively coordinate the planning, survey, and mining employees.
- Monitor performance against targets and take corrective action to maintain budgets if required.
- Excute tasks as allocated by the Technical Services Manager.
- Maintain effective communication with other North Mara departments including Processing, MRM, Administration, Supply chain, and HSE.
- Implement and monitor operations budgeting and cost control systems.
- Develop and maintain reporting procedures for production, metal recovery and operating cost. Implement commitment forecasts for Life of Mine.
- Ensure that works are performed to the approved Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and Field Level Risk Assessments are undertaken prior to the commencement of the works.
- Tertiary qualification in Mining Engineering or Equivalent.
- Degree in Mining Engineering.
- Environmental Policy Awareness.
- Mines Health & Safety Act Awareness.
- Minimum of 7 to 10 years progressive experience in the mining industry including experience in large Mining Operations.
- Demonstrated skills with capital justification, budget development, expenditure and controls.
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Experience in systematic coaching and training of employees is essential.
- Must have excellent written and spoken communication skills in the English language.
- Knowledge in Mining Underground supervision and management.
- Sound knowledge of mining and civil engineering concepts.
- Computer literacy.
- Full driving license.
- Office and document control/organization skills.
- Tertiary qualification will be an advantage.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses, benefits, and where applicable.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s, careful read application guidelines
- Rename your CV in this format CV - YOUR FULL NAME
- Indicating the role title “SUPERINTENDENT MINING ENGINEER – UG MINING” in the subject of your email
- Send your application via e-mail to: [email protected]
If you are not contacted by Barrick - North Mara Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward applications before 14 th September 2021.
BEWARE OF CONMEN! NMGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Compliance Hotline, by calling +1-877-246-5399 or through www.barrickgold.ethispoint.com.