Sub Grants Officer
Jobs at:Tanzania Health Promotion Support (THPS)
Deadline of this Job:
31 July 2020
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, July 24, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Tanzania Health Promotion Support (THPS) is an indigenous NGO established under nongovernmental organization act No 24 of 2002 in 2011. THPS works in partnership with the Ministries of Health Community Development Gender Elderly and Children (MoHCDGEC) and Presidents Office – Regional Administration and Local Governments (PORALG) and Ministry of Health in Zanzibar with a goal of ensuring accessible high-quality health care services to Tanzanians; through strengthening of health systems for quality health services. THPS is currently implementing projects in comprehensive HIV/AIDS Prevention, Care, Support and Treatment among general populations in Pwani and Kigoma regions; key and vulnerable populations across 25 district councils across 13 mainland Tanzania regions and Health laboratory services strengthening in all mainland regions and Zanzibar. Additionally, THPS implements research and evaluations across health programs to generate evidence that informs public health interventions.
THPS has been awarded a five years USAID Cooperative Agreement number 72067120CA00004 – Uhuru TB &FP LON Activity, aimed at improving access and use of quality Tuberculosis (TB) and family planning (FP) services for better health outcomes for Tanzanian citizens. The Activity will be implemented in Katavi, Kigoma, Rukwa and Songwe regions. THPS therefore is seeking competent, experienced, dynamic and qualified candidates to fill the positions listed below.
Sub Grants Officer
Reports to: Senior Finance and Administration Manager
Position Location: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Overall Job Function
The Sub Grants Officer is responsible for all issues related to sub awardee efficient management of THPS funds and monitoring the financial and administrative systems for proper utilization of such funds. S/He will work with THPS sub grantees in building their capacity towards compliance and efficiency in managing donor funds including timely reporting. Under the leadership of the sub grants manager, he will facilitate and coordinate the subs budgeting process and provide ongoing feedback to THPS on the implementation of the subs work plans. The job entails frequent field travel of up to 40%. .
• Assist in assessing the financial and administrative requirement for the sub awardees.
• Adapt administrative and financial policies and procedures for the sub awardees which includes; manuals, user guides and templates to be compliant with donor and THPS requirements
• Provide training and technical support to sub awardees staff to improve administrative and financial systems by using THPS management tools and general management of fund procedures.
• Ensure consistent application of THPS financial and administrative policies/standards, as well as donor, and THPS rules and regulations
• Act as resource person for tracking and monitoring systems, reporting policies and procedures to sub awardees
• Ensure that sub awardees provide their reports accurately and on time
• Monitoring of sub awardees invoices and advances from THPS
• Monitor the need for external audits of sub awardees, and manage the audit as needed
• Coordinate with THPS finance staff and field finance managers to correct sub awardees account errors and improve systems
• Train new sub awardees staff on matters related with financial management and perform project financial review
• Assist in provision of procedures for sub awardees closing by making sure that all steps and regulations are followed properly
• Supervise and train the Sub award Finance Staff in donor rules and regulations and the Financial Reporting. Carry out any other duties as assigned.
Job Skills: Not Specified
Qualifications, Experience & Skills Required
• The candidate must hold Bachelor degree in Finance or Accounting,
• Business Administration, or Corporate Management with CPA or ACCA full qualification will be an added advantage
• At least four years work experience in the related field and Experience working with donor funded projects.
• High level of integrity
• Minimum of five years working experience in senior level finance, auditing or accounting position
• Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, cash flow forecasting and cost control.
• Skills in analyzing financial data and prepare financial reports.
• Strong analytical skills in applying accounting principles of accounting and ensure that best practices are observed.
• Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems.
• Knowledge of federal and state financial regulations.
• Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Interested applicants should send their application cover letter one page maximum and CV four pages maximum to ( [email protected] ) by 31st July, 2020 with a subject line of ‘USAID Uhuru TB & FP LON Facility Solutions Activity – Position’ e.g. USAID Uhuru TB & FP LON Facility Solutions Activity – Zonal Project Manager. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Please do not attach any certificates when submitting online.
THPS is an equal opportunity employer; women, people living with HIV/AIDS and people living with disability are encouraged to apply.