Deadline of this Job:
05 May 2020
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, April 22, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The administrative supervision of the UNDSS security advisor and technical supervision of the UNDSS CISMU regional stress counsellor, the field stress counselor will implement a wide range of stress management activities, in accordance with the Management of Stress and Critical Incident Stress policy (MSCIS-2015) The consultancy holder will be a part of a multidisciplinary team in charge of Wellness. S/he has in-depth technical knowledge and experience required to identify, analyse and resolve complex work-related issues such as stress, interpersonal and cross-cultural dynamics, and psychosocial coping in hazardous emergency contexts. S/he provides technical expertise, advice and solutions that support strategic results, and, formulates new strategies and technical approaches where appropriate. .
Roles & Responsibilities
• Provide active psychological support and advice on strategic developments in the country involving the major implications on staff (i.e. emergency operations, critical incidents, office rightsizing) to ensure continued staff well-being and that managers and staff are provided with the effective support to manage change, especially in the context of the COVID19 pandemic.
• Partner with all the functions and agencies within the UN in Tanzania, and with institutions outside to address psychological risks at the individual, unit and organizational level and to ensure a psychologically healthy workplace. Identify and liaise with high quality local and regional mental health resources that can be used for referrals and/or during times of crisis.
• Providing individual and group counseling sessions to UN staff and dependents, in person or through teleconsulting as applicable.
• Contribute to the development of policies and guidelines, as well as written and visual materials to increase awareness regarding important themes and topics related to Staff Wellness.
• Maintain at all times, high standard of professional ethics and confidentiality consistent with the UN Ethical Guidelines and Standards of Practice, actively engage with management and staff, listen to their concerns, and stay approachable.
• Take responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives in all areas of work, to ensure equal participation of women and men.
• Liaise with UN Senior Managers, the UN staff psychosocial wellbeing key partners (human resource managers, UN doctors, security focal points, and agencies security officers), the staff association, the local experts (doctors, psychiatrists and psychologists) and institutions in the country in order to create a network of health professionals for referrals and also ready to support and intervene if necessary.
• Provide monthly reports to the DO, the security advisor, and the UNDSS CISMU regional stress counsellor.
• Other relevant activities assigned by the supervisors, such as organizing peer support training workshops for selected UN staff in conjunction with the UNDSS CISMU to create a Critical Incident Stress Intervention Cell (CISIC).
Job Skills: Not Specified
Qualifications and Skills Required:
• Advanced university degree (Doctorate, Masters or equivalent) in Clinical or Counselling Psychology, Psychiatry or demonstrably equivalent studies from a recognized institution; Registration as a mental health professional in the country of origin is required; Additional training or certification in a broad range of related fields, such as alcohol/substance abuse, resilience, cross-cultural communication, conflict resolution, mediation, trauma, etc. will be an advantage.
• At least 5 years of progressively responsible professional post-graduate experience relevant to the field is required;
• Experience either working in a hardship location or providing counselling services to staff working under very difficult and insecure environments is an asset.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Follow the link below to apply: https://jobs.partneragencies.net/erecruitjobs.html?JobOpeningId=30130&hrs_jo_pst_seq=1&hrs_site_id=2