Strategic Information Director
Jobs at:Tanzania Health Promotion Supports (THPS)
Deadline of this Job:
10 April 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, March 26, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Tanzania Health Promotion Supports (THPS) is an indigenous NGO established under nongovernmental organization act No 24 of 2002 in 2011. THPS works in partnership with the Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC), Regional Administration and Local Government (PORALG), Ministry of Home Affairs (MoHA) and Ministry of Health (MoH) in Zanzibar with a goal of ensuring accessible high-quality health care services to Tanzanians; through strengthening of health and community systems for comprehensive quality health services including HIV/AIDS; Tuberculosis; prevention of GBV; reproductive, maternal, neonatal, child, and adolescent health (RMNHCAH) services; laboratory systems and services and health management information systems (HIMS). THPS is currently seeking highly experienced, committed and motivated Tanzanians to fill the following vacant positions for the PEPFAR/CDC AFYA KWANZA HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment Program:
The Director for Strategic Information (SI) is part of THPS leadership team, responsible for leading the THPS program in the planning and implementation of Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) activities. S/He leads the Strategic Information and Research Department and save as the THPS focal person for all MEL related issues with MOHCDGEC, PORALG, donors, RHMT and CHMT and other stakeholders as requested by the THPS Executive Director. As the project’s SI technical lead s/he will ensure quality data for all THPS supported projects and timely reporting to GOT, PEPFAR, and other donors. S/He will facilitate a learning environment in ensuring THPS teams and HCWs have skills in data management, and using program data for continuous quality improvement (CQI). S/He is responsible for providing leadership in all SI issues along the HIV clinical cascade among all ages, gender, and risk groups for facility and community based services i.e. HTS,treatment, adherence, viral monitoring, CQI, services delivery models (SDM), cervical cancer screening, gender-based violence, voluntary medical male circumcision, laboratory and supply chain management and ensure that they are integrated into routine monitoring of program. The SID will oversee the design and implementation of effective and efficient data collection systems, quality improvement and data analysis, including information dissemination to relevant stakeholders and capacity building for strategic information use at all health system levels. The role involves ensuring program knowledge and technical evidence is effectively generated, packaged and disseminated for program learning and information, decision making and policy improvement/adaptation. Program knowledge includes all information generated through routine program implementation, analysis of routine/existing qualitative and quantitative program data and through targeted data-driven rapid assessments. The position involves at least 50% field travel. .
• Provide M&E leadership in the development and implementation of strategies, interventions and activities that address the needs PLHIV along the clinical cascade among general, key population, adolescent girls and young women, young adults, older men, pregnant and lactating women and TB/HIV co infected patients.
• S/He is in charge of data collection and reporting, Data quality Assurance (DQA) and timely quarterly reporting of Program data to DATIM including the APR and SAPR; other reports and papers summarizing project results and evidence, including presentation to be presented by the THPS in the biannual Advisory meetings and other forums
• Provide oversight on all routine comprehensive HIV and TB monitoring activities, working with M&E lead persons between IPs and HMIS unit of the MOHCDGEC.
• Ensure the development and maintenance of a functioning monitoring, evaluation and reporting system are available at all districts and HF and are used and updated as needed according to the Ministry of Health and PEPFAR indicators.
• Lead for priority setting of SI team and overall work plan including developing innovative strategies to strengthen data collection, monitoring, evaluation, analysis and reporting for various THPS supported programs
• Serve as resource to MOHCDGEC in health information systems (HIS) and evaluation of ongoing HIV/AIDS programs including subsequent development of new and expanded HIS systems
• Providing overall leadership of strategic information and improved data demand and use including analysis of the THPS-wide contribution to and impact on the national HIV response
• S/He is responsible for coordination and preparations of quarterly project data reviews and data quality management, PMM and SIMS for all SNU’s.
• Identify capacity building needs of the SI team in collaboration with the leadership
• Represent THPS in MOHCDGEC M&E technical working groups, meetings and conferences
• Providing leadership in developing Client Monitoring Information System (CMIS) and other technology-based innovations for effective programme monitoring
• Review and approve Strategic Information Unit budgets
• Supervise generation of data feedback and critical review of data
• Lead on target setting and participate in development of Country Operational Plans (COP); responding to proposal development
• Identify capacity building needs of the SI team in collaboration with the leadership • Perform any other duties as requested
Job Skills : Not Specified
• Master’s Degree in public health, demography, sociology, epidemiology, biostatistics, or a related field
• At least five years of experience in monitoring, evaluation, and research related to public health programs
• At least three years of experience as senior leader of M&E systems for health initiatives
• Demonstrated experience in target setting and reporting against health programs
• Excellent knowledge of data collection protocols for quality data collection and verification
• Exceptional ability to analyze multiple sources of data to identify data trends and provide recommendations on program performance and improvement
• Demonstrated experience and familiarity with behavioral surveillance surveys, research methodologies, qualitative and quantitative research methods, data analysis, sampling methods, and establishment of M&E systems
• Demonstrated experience in managing and supervising a team
• Exceptional English written and oral communication skills; fluency in Swahili also required
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
Interested applicants should send an email, [email protected] attaching their application cover letter one page maximum and CV four pages maximum by April 10th 2021 with a subject line Strategic Information Director Dar es Salaam Region. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. Please do not attach any certificates when submitting online.