Statistics & Monitoring Specialist
Deadline of this Job:
23 February 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, February 11, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfil their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone. .
And we never give up.
For every child, Results
As Tanzania achieves the lower-middle-income status, rapid population growth, growing urbanization and the increase in the absolute number of poor people in the country are causes for concern. More than a quarter of Tanzanians still live in poverty, unable to put food on the table, access healthcare or keep a roof over their heads. Poverty has devastating effects on children. Nearly one third of Tanzanian children live in income poverty while as many as 74 per cent experience multidimensional poverty, suffering deprivation in three or more areas such as health, nutrition, water, sanitation, housing, education, child protection and access to information.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES and DUTIES & TASKS
Within the delegated authority and under the given organisational set-up, the incumbent may be assigned the primarily, shared, or contributory accountabilities for all or part of the following areas of major duties and key end-results.
• Leads development, refinement and management of data repository bringing together data from multiple sources into a coherent, visually appealing platform to inform national planning and budgeting decisions and enhance the effective delivery of national programmes delivering basic services affecting children and other vulnerable groups
• Provides technical support for systems strengthening and capacity development during the preparation and undertaking of national census and national surveys, as well as during data collection, analysis, report writing and dissemination; participates in data analysis exercises and research and evaluation initiatives with the National Bureau of Statistics and other relevant partners involved in national surveys and data production; provides technical backstopping around survey development and analysis to UNICEF programme sections; and, provides support to programme staff to acquire data from national surveys and administrative sources for further analysis.
• Overseas development and implementation of a national child-focused policy research agenda, including data collection methodologies and research protocol, and participates in the development and introduction of innovative approaches and methods in data collection, research, evaluation, and policy advocacy, both externally and internally
• Serves as the CO’s focal point for monitoring and reporting on progress on SDGs and other national development targets; supports the monitoring of national/global goals, trends and indicators; compiles data and maintains an updated database for UNICEF’s own indicator reporting; and, strengthens linkages between national and sub-national data and monitoring tools and systems.
• Performs other duties as requested and contributes to all key office programme planning, monitoring and evaluation exercises
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
• Advanced university degree in Social Sciences, Demography, Statistics, or related field
• Five years of progressively responsible professional work experience in statistics, surveys and routine reporting system, including data management as well as calibration. Expertise on different types of statistical and economic analysis, evaluation design and implementation, as well as GIS/mapping highly desirable
• Developing country work experience and/or familiarity with emergency is considered an asset.
• Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Education Experience: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
To apply please click here https://jobs.unicef.org/en-us/job/537174/statistics-monitoring-specialistnocdodomatanzania-5503