Software Quality Assurance Senior Manager
Jobs at:Management and Development for Health (MDH)
Deadline of this Job:
19 April 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, April 07, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Management and Development for Health (MDH) is a non-profit, non-governmental organization whose primary aim is to contribute to address public health priorities of the people of Tanzania and the world at large. These priorities include: communicable diseases such as HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria; Reproductive, Maternal, New-born and Child health (RMNCH); Nutrition; Non-Communicable Diseases of public health significance; as well as Health System Strengthening. MDH strongly believes in and works in partnership with various local and global institutions, Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC); President’s Office Regional Authorities and Local Government (PORALG); donor agencies; academic and non-academic institutions; implementing partners; civil society, community-based and faith-based organizations and others
The Quality Assurance Senior Manager is key for designing system requirements and track quality assurance (QA) metrics along the software development cycle. He/She will be responsible for review and implementing tests, debugging and working with software development contractors to warrant high quality software products. He/she is responsible for conducting tests before software launches to ensure software runs smoothly and meets stakeholders needs. .
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Lead project teams and subcontractors in product design reviews and provide input on functional requirements, software designs and schedules.
• Create detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans and test cases, and estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities.
• Develop or specify standards, methods, or procedures to assess product quality or release readiness.
• Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open-source tools.
• Perform initial debugging procedures by reviewing configuration files, logs, or code pieces to determine breakdown source.
• Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs as well as perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved.
• Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet identified needs.
• Identify software deviance from approved standards and eGov guidance, and recommend modifications to ensure compliance.
• Provide feedback and recommendations to developers on software usability and functionality.
• Develop testing programs that address areas such as database impacts, software scenarios, regression testing, negative testing, error or bug retests, or usability.
• Document software defects, using a bug tracking system, and report defects to software developers.
• Review software documentation to ensure technical accuracy, compliance, or completeness, or to mitigate risks.
• Conduct software compatibility tests with programs, hardware, operating systems, or network environments.
• Install and configure recreations of software production environments to allow testing of software performance.
• Stay current with new testing tools and test strategies, and software quality assurance processes.
• Liaise with MOHGCDEC, stakeholders and end users to evaluate or diagnose software challenges and recommend possible solutions.
• Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Required Qualification, Skills and Experience:
• Master’s degree, or equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution, in Information Technology, Software Design, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field.
• At least 8 years practical work experience in software development.
• Proficient in software QA methodologies, tools and processes.
• Proven track record and work experience in software quality assurance.
• Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process.
• Experience in writing clear, concise, and comprehensive test plans and test cases.
• Hands-on experience with white box and black box testing.
• Hands-on experience with automated testing tools.
• Demonstrated experience managing software development teams through system development and upgrades.
• Proficiency with SQL programming and experience with SQL database.
• Fluent in writing and spoken English and Swahili.
Preferred Qualification, Skills and Experience:
• Certification by an internationally recognized software testing certification agency (e.g. International Software Testing Qualifications Board, International Software Certifications Board, International Software Test Institute, International Institute for Software Testing).
• Experience with performance and/or security testing.
• Experience working in the Tanzania public health sector.
Work Hours: 8 96 Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates should submit an application letter indicating clearly the position applied for, a detailed copy of their CV, and names and contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of three work related referees.
Applications should be submitted by 19th April 2021, to the Director of Human Resource through e-mail [email protected] . Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted