Management and Development for Health (MDH) is a non-profit, non-governmental organization whose primary aim is to contribute to addressing public health priorities of the people of Tanzania and the world at large. These priorities include: communicable diseases such as HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria; Reproductive, Maternal, New-born and Child Health (RMNCH); Nutrition; Non-Communicable Diseases of public health significance; as well as Health System Strengthening. MDH strongly believes in and works in partnership with various local and global institutions, Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC); President’s Office Regional Authorities and Local Government (PORALG); donor agencies; academic and non-academic institutions; implementing partners; civil society, community-based and faith-based organizations and others
In this regard MDH now invites applications from suitable, qualified and skilled persons to fill the following available vacancies.
Project: Data for Health (D4H)
Location: Dar es Salaam
Reports to: Principal Investigator
The Quality Assurance Senior Manager is key for designing system requirements and track quality assurance (QA) metrics along the software development cycle. He/She will be responsible for review and implementing tests, debugging and working with software development contractors to warrant high quality software products. He/she is responsible for conducting tests before software launches to ensure software runs smoothly and meets stakeholders needs.
Duties and Responsibilities :
- Lead project teams and subcontractors in product design reviews and provide input on functional requirements, software designs and schedules.
- Create detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans and test cases, and estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities.
- Develop or specify standards, methods, or procedures to assess product quality or release readiness.
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open-source tools.
- Perform initial debugging procedures by reviewing configuration files, logs, or code pieces to determine breakdown source.
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs as well as perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved.
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet identified needs.
- Identify software deviance from approved standards and eGov guidance, and recommend modifications to ensure compliance.
- Provide feedback and recommendations to developers on software usability and functionality.
- Develop testing programs that address areas such as database impacts, software scenarios, regression testing, negative testing, error or bug retests, or usability.
- Document software defects, using a bug tracking system, and report defects to software developers.
- Review software documentation to ensure technical accuracy, compliance, or completeness, or to mitigate risks.
- Conduct software compatibility tests with programs, hardware, operating systems, or network environments.
- Install and configure recreations of software production environments to allow testing of software performance.
- Stay current with new testing tools and test strategies, and software quality assurance processes.
- Liaise with MOHGCDEC, stakeholders and end users to evaluate or diagnose software challenges and recommend possible solutions.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Required Qualification, Skills and Experience:
- Master's degree, or equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution, in Information Technology, Software Design, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field.
- At least 8 years practical work experience in software development.
- Proficient in software QA methodologies, tools and processes.
- Proven track record and work experience in software quality assurance.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process.
- Experience in writing clear, concise, and comprehensive test plans and test cases.
- Hands-on experience with white box and black box testing.
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools.
- Demonstrated experience managing software development teams through system development and upgrades.
- Proficiency with SQL programming and experience with SQL database.
- Fluent in writing and spoken English and Swahili.
Preferred Qualification, Skills, and Experience:
- Certification by an internationally recognized software testing certification agency (e.g. International Software Testing Qualifications Board, International Software Certifications Board, International Software Test Institute, International Institute for Software Testing).
- Experience with performance and/or security testing.
- Experience working in the Tanzania public health sector.
Interested candidates should submit an application letter indicating clearly the position applied for, a detailed copy of their CV, and names and contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of three work-related referees.
Applications should be submitted by 19 th April 2021, to the Director of Human Resource through e-mail [email protected] . Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Please note MDH don’t have any recruitment agents and don’t charge any fees to the interested candidates