Terms: Full time
Date: Currently open
Location: Dar es Salaam
Requirement: Tanzanian citizenship
SHOPS Plus in Tanzania will increase the use of priority health services through strategic expansion of private sector approaches in the health system. The main activities currently include improved capacity of the private sector to provide and supply priority health services and products, Improving ownership and stewardship of total market approaches within Tanzanian institutions and improving enabling environment for private sector provision of priority health products and services.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage the front office desk of the office.
- Purchase, store, and distribute office supplies including stationary and consumables
- Answer incoming telephone calls, take complete and accurate messages for people who are not available, and ensure they receive messages
- Liaise with building manager to ensure that any required maintenance for lighting, air conditioning and amenities is done
- Perform general clerical support for finance and program team including but not be limited to photocopying, scanning, faxing, filing, and mailing
- Manage a database of project partners and contacts
- Manage office cleaning staff and ensure that office environment is conducive
- Make logistical arrangements for project events and field activities in collaboration with technical team
- Organize all logistics for conferences and meetings both in Dar es Salaam and outside of Dar es Salaam
- Make travel arrangements for staff traveling outside of their region or for international visitors including flight bookings, arranging for ground transport and transfers
- Oversee inventory register and update with support from Finance Assistant
- Manage mobile money payments to participants in trainings and reconcile mobile money report on monthly basis
- Support project procurement processes
- Support Finance & Administration Manager and Finance Assistant to prepare monthly ROV including drafting financial cover pages, Quicken transaction entries, and uploading verification documents
- Provide additional support to execution of Finance Assistant responsibilities, as needed
Experience and Qualifications:
- 3-4 years of relevant professional experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, finance, or other relevant field
- Fluency in English and at least one local language
- Proficient in relevant computer applications and databases
- Strong communication skills and ability to work in multicultural environment.
- Experience in supporting international development projects
Please send applications, including a CV and Cover Letter.
This application should be submitted not later than 31st August 2020.
The Administrative Assistant will provide the SHOPS Plus Tanzania Staff with both financial and administrative support for all activities.