Senior Training Manager
Deadline of this Job:
31 December 2020
Within Tanzania , Mbeya , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, December 18, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
About HJFMRI Tanzania Program
The Walter Reed Program Tanzania (WRP-T) is a collaborative effort that supports PEPFAR-funded HIV prevention and treatment activities in the Southern Highlands and within the Tanzania People’s Defense Forces (TPDF). HJF Medical Research International, Inc Tanzania (HJFMRI-T) is a local non-profit that has supported these efforts since 2004 for the Walter Reed Army institute of Research (WRAIR). PEPFAR activities are conducted in close collaboration with the Tanzania Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children; and the President’s Office of the Regional Administration and Local Government (PORALG), through the Regional and Council Health Management Teams.
HJFMRI-T provides care and treatment to people affected by HIV/AIDS, and has been actively involved in HIV and AIDS programming, providing resources, personnel, and services to the Southern Highlands Zone. The program has expanded from supporting the Mbeya Zonal Referral Hospital to becoming a hub for anti-retroviral treatment in the zone; to community support through decentralized services, with the overall objective of implementing research, clinical HIV, prevention, care, and treatment services. HJFMRI-T currently focuses specifically on four regions in the Southern Highlands zone, namely Mbeya, Rukwa, Katavi, Songwe and Ruvuma for VMMC services only. The program also supports TPDF to implement comprehensive HIV prevention care and treatment program in 21 sites throughout the country. .
HJF Medical Research International, Inc. Tanzania (HJFMRI-T) is seeking qualified candidates to fill the positions listed below:
Job Title : Senior Training Manager
Reports to : Operations Director
Location : Mbeya
Duration : 12 Months (with an option to renew subject to availability of funds and need) General Overview
As part of HJFMRI Tanzania we are seeking a Senior Training Manager who will be the point of contact for all technical and general training queries and training administration across WRP/HJFMRI Tanzania. We are looking for a professional Training Manager to ensure the smooth and effective functioning of training events and special projects, the Training Manager should be capable of providing support to the management; design, coordination, and conduct large and small-scale training activities will be conducted throughout the Southern Highlands. S/he will also be responsible for all training administration, scheduling, and coordination of training, while continually seeking to identify improvements to deliver training efficiencies and cost-effectiveness. This role is based in Mbeya, Tanzania, and will involve traveling to for fieldwork.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Update and expand the TRAINSMART database including entry of all training events, administer training records and the input of training qualifications in conjunction with the Head of Departments
• Liaise with training providers both internally and externally in relation to course coordination, facilitation including liaising with MOH and other stakeholders and be responsible for associated training administration such as training schedules, bookings, pre and post course work (where relevant), evaluation sheets, certificates etc.
• Record recommendations for training based on an annual needs analysis conducted with Line Managers, HR, and other relevant departments
• Design and apply assessment tools to measure training effectiveness, together with relevant Heads of Departments and the CQI department
• Track and report on training outcomes
• Provide feedback to training participants and management
• Evaluate and make recommendations on training material and methodology
• Coordinate with the Events Manager to ensure logistics for training activities are complete
• Establish and maintain relationships with external training suppliers
• Manage training budget and maintain in-house training facilities and equipment
• Continually evaluate procedures to monitor and analyze course effectiveness.
• Coordinate regular training review boards with managers, CQI department and internal training providers to ensure current and future learning needs are addressed; training provision is efficient and effective.
• identify internal and external training programs to address competency gaps
• Partner with internal stakeholders regarding employee training needs
• Organize, develop or source training programs to meet specific training needs
• inform employees about training options and map out training plans for individual employees
• Maintain employee training records
• Build and distribute an internal training prospectus covering what training is available, dates, and times employees and managers can access. Recommend ways to promote and improve communication of training opportunities across HJFMRI-T.
• Responsible for assisting the HR Department and the business with the facilitation of all -Training and following up with managers and individuals where required.
Knowledge and Qualifications
• A Bachelor’s degree in a related field, a holder of MPH or/and MBA will be an added advantage.
• Knowledge of TRAINSMART will be an advantage.
• Five years’ work experience in coordinating multiple training especially in HIV/AIDS programs
• Should have knowledge in adult instructional and learning theory and principles, instructional design, training methodologies, learning management systems, and competency assessment
• Previous experience of working within a similar training role and environment.
• Experience in database management.
• Excellent IT skills.
• Good communication and negotiation skills
• Tenacious with a ‘can do’ attitude
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Confident presentation skills with the ability to translate health and technical data for communication to non-technical personnel
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Cover letters and resumes should be sent by mail through post/EMS/DHL/ or any reliable Courier to the Human Resources and Administration Manager, P.O. Box 6396, Mbeya, or sent through e-mail to [email protected] .
NOTE: To be considered, applicants must put the TITLE OF THE JOB in the SUBJECT LINE. “CVs should not include any reference to marital status, birthplace, or tribal or religious affiliations. Any CVs containing this information will not be considered for employment”. Applications that are hand-delivered will not be accepted.
The deadline for submitting the application is December 31, 2020. Those who do not meet the minimum requirements, as detailed in the job description above, will not be considered.