Senior Strategic Information Officer
Jobs at:Tanzania Health Promotion Support (THPS)
Deadline of this Job:
10 November 2020
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, October 28, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Tanzania Health Promotion Support (THPS) is an indigenous NGO established under nongovernmental organization act No 24 of 2002 in 2011. THPS works in partnership with the Ministries of Health Community Development Gender Elderly and Children (MoHCDGEC) and Presidents Office – Regional Administration and Local Governments (PORALG) and Ministry of Health in Zanzibar with a goal of ensuring accessible high-quality health care services to Tanzanians; through strengthening of health systems for quality health services. THPS is currently implementing projects in comprehensive HIV/AIDS Prevention, Care, Support and Treatment among general populations in Pwani and Kigoma regions; key and vulnerable populations across 25 district councils across 13 mainland Tanzania regions, Tuberculosis and Family Planning Activity in Kigoma, Rukwa, Songwe and Katavi regions, and Health laboratory services strengthening in all mainland regions and Zanzibar. Additionally, THPS implements research and evaluations across health programs to generate evidence that informs public health interventions.
THPS has been awarded a five years USAID Cooperative Agreement number 72062120CA00005 – USAID Police and Prison Activity, aimed at ensuring Health status of Tanzanians are improved through provision of appropriate interventions and sustainable delivery of health services to Police and Prison staffs, their families, and surrounding communities. The Activity will be implemented across 26 regions of Tanzania mainland and Zanzibar.THPS therefore is seeking competent, experienced, dynamic and qualified candidates to fill the positions listed below .
Job Title: Senior Strategic Information Officer (1 position)
Reports to: Strategic Information Manager
Position Location: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Overall Job Summary:
The Senior Strategic Information Officer is responsible for providing data management and technical leadership to ensure strategic information needs related to HIV and TB services rendered to prisoners, prison and police staff, their families and surrounding communities are met. In addition, the SDM leads project's monitoring and evaluation activities including guiding technical program team, and providing direct supervision of data managers and data clerks to ensure quality implementation and reporting (weekly, monthly, quarterly and semi-annual and annual results).
The Senior Strategic Information manager will supervise Police and Prisons Activity staff (Data Officers and Zonal Strategic Information Officers;) and will work collaboratively with Clinical teams, supporting zonal teams in enhancing skills of health providers on data and demand use for decision making in HIV and TB services.
Roles and responsibilities :
The Senior SI Officer will be responsible for the following tasks and deliverables: Provide Managerial Support to Zonal and-Site level HIV and TB services project staff and Monitoring and Evaluation (M &E) systems
• Supervise technical project staff, including Zonal Strategic Information Officers, Data Officers to coordinate the work of Zonal Technical Coordinator
• Systematically track site-specific needs in M&E domain to inform management decisions. (Track availability, accessibility and integrity of site-level paper tools, charts, cards and electronic databases including pharmacy module and CTC-2 database to contribute to quality data collection and reporting
• Provide M&E related technical support to sites with a systematic and proactive approach to maintaining and using MOHCDGEC approved SOPs and guidelines.
• Implement interventions related to data safety/security protocols (track and improve access and data security protocol including data backups; antivirus) to ensure Safety/security of paper and electronic records in alignment with national data safety guidelines.
Lead HIV and TB services Data Quality Improvement:
• Clearly identify propose quality improvement and learning process so that best practices are scaled further.
• Lead and participate in data Quality Improvement/Quality Assurance including data cleaning exercises for HIV and TB related services. Also lead data verification, validation and collection exercises according to timelines for weekly; monthly and PEPFAR reporting
• Oversee tracking and updating in respective data collection tools for MISSAP, lost to follow up, for HIV and TB clients, also updating Transfer-Out status to maintain an accurate dataset /cohort
• Track, review, and triangulate data on HIV Viral load (HVL) coverage, suppression and TPT coverage, start, and completion.
Manage data Analysis and Reporting of HIV and TB services
• Perform data analysis and compilation of reports; as well as producing documents and dissemination of program results/ lessons learned.
• Update Excel templates, including cross-sectional reports, that are used for management of site level data;
• Analyze data for program and facility performance monitoring and advise the project team for corrective actions and decision making;
• Implement the project’s M&E strategy and performance monitoring plan (PMP).
• Routinely compiles, shares and submits performance analysis reports (i.e. weekly, monthly, quarterly).
• Participate in compilation of monthly and quarterly reports for USAID Police and Prisons Activity
• Communicate to the supervisor, any related challenges or issues and proposed actions
• Accomplish the required reporting to MoHA, MoHCDGEC and USAID, including timely and quality reporting weekly, monthly, quarterly, semiannual and annual report in various systems, including DATIM, Electronic Tuberculosis and Leprosy (ETL), and DHIS2 database
Qualifications, Experience and Skills required
; • A degree in Computer Science, Demography, Epidemiology, Statistics or equivalent.
• Master’s in public health or Monitoring and Evaluation, Demography or public Health (MPH) will be an added advantage.
• Previous M&E experience in HIV and TB related interventions.
• Knowledge in various statistical data packages not limited to Epi info, Stata, is essential
• Computer literacy, with comfortable working experience with the basic Microsoft packages (Word, Excel & power point, and Access).
• Excellent written and oral communication in English and Kiswahili
• Ability to work under pressure and timely meet deadlines
• Ability to plan, implement independently or in a team
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Interested applicants should send their application cover letter one-page maximum and CV four pages’ maximum to [email protected].t z by (10th November 2020) with a subject line of ‘USAID Police and Prisons Activity’. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Please do not attach any certificates when submitting online.
THPS is an equal opportunity employer; women, people living with HIV/AIDS and people living with disability are encouraged to apply.