Senior Specialist – Underground Drill & Blast
Jobs at:Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML)
Deadline of this Job:
21 September 2020
Within Tanzania , Geita , East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, September 17, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of North Western Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s South East of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam.
Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Senior Specialist – Underground Drill & Blast
Job Number: GGM-2020-XMT-02
Number of Positions: 01.
Works For: Senior Manager – Underground Mining .
• BSc Mining Engineering preferable not essential.
• 10+ years’ proven experience in mine production environment in a Drill & Blast role.
• Experience working with international mining contractors who operate underground mechanized trackless equipment will be highly regarded.
• Experience working with international mining contractors managing surface drilling and blasting operations will be highly regarded.
• Experience in management/managing a team at all levels.
• Proven ability to follow daily/weekly/monthly plans and achieve targets set for both KPI’s and compliance to plan.
Purpose of the Role:
To support, develop and train an effective local team and to implement best practices for Drill & Blast within an Underground mine environment. The mining method is Longhole Open Stoping utilizing both Longitudinal and Transverse methods. The training will predominantly be within Underground production areas with Production Drillers and Production Charge Up operators and working with Mining Engineers.
Main or Key Accountabilities:
• Establish and maintain processes to provide a safe workplace for all employees and external service providers undertaking work within area of accountability. Abide by all site safety procedures
Planning and Execution
• Develop UG Stopping SOP’s
• Monitoring stope performance to ensure production targets are met
• QA/QC of production drilling and charging activities
• Establish and maintain processes to ensure that all environmental risks and emerging issues are identified and mitigation plans to put in place
• Commit your best endeavors and full capability to the work assigned to you by your manager.
• The ability to work across all disciplines where rigorous engagement and interaction is expected.
• Ability to handle conflict resolution
• Identify safety risks and resolve emerging issues ensuring that appropriate focus and resources are available to achieve safety objectives
• Ability to interpret data to initiate and drive operational improvements as required
• Working in an underground mine environment with daily UG site inspections and task observations
• Be physically fit and be able to pass pre-employment medical
• Good knowledge of MS Office suite
• The ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing with good presentation and facilitation skills.
• Training and mentoring of national employees
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Application cover letter (Subject should be: Senior Specialist – Underground Drill & Blast and/or quote the job number), detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e- mail and telephone contacts, names and addresses of three referees, to be forwarded to below address.
You will be required to bring original certificates if you are contacted for interviews. Contact Address:
Senior Human Resources Manager,
Geita Gold Mining Ltd,
Email: [email protected]
NB: Internal applicants may submit applications to departmental Senior HR Officer. All internal applications must be endorsed by the applicant’s head of department.
Application Deadline: Application letters should reach the above on or before 21st September 2020 at 5:30 PM.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.