Senior Social and Behavior Change/Community Engagement Advisor
Jobs at:IMA World Health
Deadline of this Job:
20 May 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, May 03, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
IMA World Health, a subsidiary of Corus International, is seeking a Senior Social and Behavior Change/Community Engagement Advisor to support implementation of an anticipated USAID-funded program in Tanzania.
Corus International is a family of organizations which believes that those who were born into impossible circumstances deserve the opportunity for a better life. Corus was formed through the strategic merger of IMA World Health (operating as a public health organization since 1960), and Lutheran World Relief (operating as a livelihoods organization since 1945), and today includes smaller entities of Charlie Goldsmith Associates, Ground Up Investing, and Farmers Market Coffee. Corus International works in over 20 countries in Africa, the Middle East, and Latin America with a primary focus on health, livelihoods, and emergency response.
The Senior Social and Behavior Change/Community Engagement Advisor will be responsible for developing and supporting project staff and partners on contextually appropriate gender-responsive social and behavior change (SBC) approaches and activities. The Advisor is responsible for coordination and collaboration between the project stakeholders and communities.
This position will report to the Deputy Chief of Party and will be embedded in the project office. Hiring is contingent upon successful award and USAID approval. .
• Lead execution of the project’s SBC component
• Provide input into technical strategies, workplans, guidelines, and other documents to ensure SBC/gender is appropriately incorporated, with particular focus on contextually appropriate gender responsive approaches to all activities.
• Conduct focus groups and/or other qualitative methods to develop SBC approaches in collaboration with consortium partners, design and pre-test communication activities and messaging content as appropriate.
• In collaboration with consortium partners, conduct training of community key stakeholders to disseminate messages and engage communities.
• In coordination with partners, routinely monitor SBC activities and indicators and adjust activities as required to achieve project objectives.
• Work with MERL team to develop appropriate SBC/gender indicators and monitoring and evaluation approaches as necessary.
• Liaise with the project team to ensure SBC and gender activities support resilient individuals, families, and communities.
• Support capacity development efforts for local partners and county level stakeholders in SBC and gender.
• Prepare required narrative reports.
• Identify successes achieved through project implementation and draft success stories for dissemination.
• Represent project to USAID and other high-level stakeholders as needed.
• Nationals of Tanzania are strongly encouraged to apply.
• Working knowledge of MCH and FP concepts in Africa and ability to apply a gender lens
• Experience working with USAID-funded grants, cooperative agreements, and/or contracts.
• Experience using digital technologies for message dissemination.
• Willingness to support IMA World Health’s mission.
• Master’s Degree and 7+ years of experience in implementing and managing international health/development, demand generation, marketing, social and behavior change programs and projects.
• Ability to lead SBC analyses and recommend appropriate messaging for MCH and FP programs.
• Experience in community engagement, SBC, and gender on donor funded projects
• Strong interpersonal and oral and written communications skills.
• Demonstrated record of developing and maintaining strong working relationships with various levels of key stakeholders from ministry level counterparts to community-level actors.
• Demonstrated capacity to lead the collection, analysis, and production of high-quality project reporting products.
• Excellent English writing skills and analytical abilities, including the ability to effectively expresses ideas, thoughts and concepts verbally and in written or graphic form, using correct grammar and structure.
• Demonstrated ability to motivate teams to work constructively under pressure and to respond resourcefully when challenges arise.
• Advanced cross-cultural sensitivity, including experience working and communicating with professional and support staff in a multicultural, multi-linguistic environment; ability to promote an atmosphere of trust and mutual respect.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 84
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
To apply please send your cover letter and CV to [email protected] by May 20th, 2021.