Senior Public Relations Officer
Jobs at:Kilimanjaro Christian Medical University College (KCMUCO)
Deadline of this Job:
11 September 2020
Within Tanzania , Kilimanjaro , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, September 02, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Kilimanjaro Christian Medical University College (KCMUCO) is a constituent College of Tumaini University Makumira. The College is adjacent to KCMC Hospital in Moshi, Tanzania. The College trains health professionals for various University awards in health and allied sciences. KCMUCO wishes to recruit competent and committed human resource to fill the following vacant Academic and Administrative positions:
ACADEMIC POSITIONS .
Applicant's Educational qualifications:
Applicants for this position must possess a Master's degree in Journalism or Mass Communication or equivalent related qualifications from a recognized University/institution, plus at least three (3) years of work experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified below.
• Ability to use independent judgment and to gather, manage and impart information to the media and various other internal and external audiences.
• Experience in communicating with the press and other media.
• Strong knowledge of local and regional media contacts and/or a proven ability to develop such relationships quickly.
• Advanced writing, communication, and presentation skills, to include ability to communicate effectively on-camera.
• Ability to provide effective advice and counsel on strategic and/or critical communication issues and to exercise effective Judgment.
• Ability to write executive-level communications for internal and external audiences.
• Knowledge of Government laws, regulations, and standards for the management and disclosure of public information.
• Knowledge of journalism, public relations and general communications principles and practices.
• Ability to investigate and analyse information and draw conclusions.
• Knowledge of electronic communications applications, including internet content management systems, and online/social media distribution channels.
• Basic knowledge of photography and the use of digital cameras.
• Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of audiences.
Duties and responsibilities of Senior Public Relations Officer shall include:
• Manages day-to-day relations with the media, to include handling media queries, media interviews, and press conferences, preparing news releases and media kits, and promoting story lines
• Serves as the College's spokesperson on highly sensitive, complex or emergency situations.
• Provides direct and proactive advice, consultation, and assistance to the Provost, Deputy Provosts and other senior College officials, as well as the College community, regarding public information matters, including providing direct assistance in researching, providing information and developing messages.
• Cultivates and maintains knowledge of and relationships with key news media at local, state and national levels
• Responds to and follows through on requests for information from the media and the public, determining appropriate, accurate response and appropriate College contacts for response.
• Supports effective response strategies, including response to crisis situations requiring immediate attention and intense medial public scrutiny, and articulates the College's position via personal interviews and written responses.
• Plans and disseminates internal and external communication of information through various media that is designed to keep the public informed of College's programmes, accomplishments or points of view.
• Writes, edits, reviews and assures appropriate distribution of communication public relations materials that have a College-wide impact including news releases, articles, speeches, on-line information services, and broadcast scripts; may oversee production and publication of communication/public relations materials and related communication.
• Gather, write, edit, coordinate and upload information to the web site; may assist with the design of consistent methodologies for the development of internet/intranet and new emerging technological communication resources.
• Performs other related duties as may be assigned by competent College authority.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
REMUNERATION FOR THE POSITIONS
Competitive and attractive package of salary and fringe benefits will be offered to the successful candidates.
• Applicants must enclose an up-to-date detailed Curriculum Vitae, certified copies of all relevant academic certificates and transcripts from Form Four to University level, names of three reputable referees including their postal/email addresses and telephone numbers.
• Certificates from foreign examination bodies for Ordinary or Advanced Secondary Education should be verified by the National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA).
• Degree awards from foreign universities/colleges should be verified by the Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU).
• Copies of the following certificates shall not be accepted:
– Form Four (IV) and Form Six (VI) results slips.
– Testimonials and all partial academic transcripts.
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Applications should be sent before Friday, 11th September, 2020 via email at
[email protected] ,
OR through Post or hand-delivery to:
The Provost Kilimanjaro Christian Medical University College
P. O. Box 2240 MOSHI, Tanzania
NB: Only short-listed candidates will be notified and called for an interview.