Nonprofit, and NGO
Deadline of this Job:
14 October 2021
Monday, October 11, 2021
, Base Salary:
PASADA is a faith based organization operating under the Catholic Archdiocese of Dar es salaam. PASADA strives to reach the poorest of the poor living with HIV/AIDS and provide them with compassionate care, treatment and support services. Although sponsored by the Catholic Church, the services offered by PASADA are available to all individuals without discrimination of any sort.
PASADA ACHIEVE PROGRAM
PASADA will implement as a Sub grantee to PACT-Tanzania the Adolescents and Children HIV Incidence Reduction, Empowerment, and Virus Elimination (ACHIEVE) program in eight Councils namely;
1) Temeke Municipal Council,
2) Kigamboni Municipal Council,
3) Kinondoni Municipal Council,
4) Ubungo Municipal Council,
5) Ilala Municipal Council,
6) Kibaha Town Council,
7) Mkuranga Town Council and Chalinze Town Council.
PASADA for effective implementation has organized ACHIEVE project management into three Teams (Team A. Ubungo MC, Kibaha TC and Chalinze TC. Team B. Ilala MC and Kinondoni MD. Team C. Temeke MC, Kigamboni MC and Mkuranga TC
ACHIEVE is a five-year global effort to reach and sustain HIV epidemic control among pregnant and breastfeeding women, adolescents, infants, and children. The project is funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) and implemented by a Pact led consortium of top global HIV/AIDS partners, including Jhpiego, Palladium, No Means No Worldwide, and WI-HER. The ACHIEVE consortium works with USAID Missions, national governments, and existing response partners to identify gaps in HIV prevention and treatment programming among target populations.
In order to maintain high quality level services and to meet our clients’ and donor’s expectations, we wish to invite applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following positions:
1. POSITION: SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER (1 Post)
Job Title: Senior Project Manager
Reports to: PASADA Executive Director
Line Manage: 3 Team Project Managers, M&E Coordinator, Project Senior Accountant
To provide overall leadership and management of PASADA – ACHIEVE Project implementation at all 8 Councils level and ensure efficient and effective linkages, collaboration and networking with LGA authorities
Roles and responsibilities
• Provide overall technical, operational, administrative support to project staff and promotes an organizational culture where policies and values are observed.
• Approve travel request, staff liquidations, and review and approves all program expenses.
• Main point person with PACT cluster office, regional Medical office for all PASADA – ACHIEVE Project implementation by PASADA.
• Is the program leader who is ultimately responsible and accountable for timely, quality program
• implementation across 8 councils where PASADA implements ACHIEVE project.
• Ensure preparation and timely completion and submission of both financial and narrative reports (monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual)
• Work with M& E coordinator to ensure that appropriate data is obtained to produce high quality timely reports.
• In collaboration with organization management, mentors project managers as appropriate in program management, organization development and community development issues.
• Ensure staff are supported to deliver quality results in all program implementation activities.
• Providing a mentoring and guidance to the team members and models best practices, advises and train other team members on organization policies, procedures, tools, and methodologies as needed.
• Represents PASADA - ACHIEVE project in public events, stakeholders meeting and coordinate with other Donor funded programs at council level.
• Performs other related tasks as needed.
Preferred Qualifications and Experience
• Master Degree in Sociology, Public Health, Development Studies, Project management, Business Administration or Economic Development,
• At least 10 years relevant experience in donor funded projects
• Previous experience managing staff.
• Experience in at least one of the following technical areas: Economic Strengthening, Youth and Adolescent work, Case management, Bi-Directional Reference, or Child Protection.
• Fluency in English and Kiswahili.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months:
Level of Education:
Job application procedure
All applications letters should indicate the position and Councils Team of interest on the envelope, attached with detailed curriculum vitae, photocopies of certificates, testimonials, transcripts and names of two referees and day time telephone number for confidential contact should be sent NOT LATER than 14th October 2021, interested candidates are encouraged to physically bring their applications at Temeke Chang’ombe opposite Police Chang’ombe within Catholic Church Compound. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
The contact address is;
The PASADA Executive Director
PASADA P. O. Box 70225
DAR ES SALAAM, Tanzania.
NON DISCRIMINATION NOTE:
PASADA advocates and upholds the principle of equal opportunity for all and does not discriminate in its short listing, selection or employment practices that are based on racial, creed, sexual orientation, religious basis, sex, nationality, political affiliation, gender bases, marital status, inability or disability, or any other form which does not constitute merits.
BACKGROUND: Amref Health Africa in Tanzania is a non-profit public health organization supporting the Government of Tanzania to address public health issues including maternal and child health, HIV, TB, Malaria,…
Overview Job Category: Management Job Type: Full-Time Deadline of this Job: 15 October 2021 Duty Station: Dar es Salaam Posted: 01-10-2021 Requirements Job Description Vacancy title: Assistant Program Manager […
Overview Job Category: Administrative Job Type: Full-Time Deadline of this Job: 31 August 2021 Duty Station: Dar es Salaam Posted: 24-08-2021 Requirements Job Description Vacancy title: Coordinator – UG Safety…
Overview Job Category: Human Resources Job Type: Full-Time Deadline of this Job: 28 September 2021 Duty Station: Dar es Salaam Posted: 21-09-2021 Requirements Job Description Vacancy title: Human Resources Officer…
Overview Job Category: Administrative Job Type: Full-Time Deadline of this Job: 31 August 2021 Duty Station: Dar es Salaam Posted: 16-08-2021 Requirements Job Description Vacancy title: Health and Care Programme…
Immunization Specialist ,(NO-3) Job no: 545024 Contract type: Temporary Appointment Level: NO-3 Location: United Republic of Tanzania Categories: Health, Expanded Programme Immunization UNICEF works in some of the world’s…