WFT-Trust would like to inform the interested applicants on the extension of the deadline for the following job vacancies which were advertised on the different media outlets on 1 st Augusts 2020. The new deadline is 14 th September 2020.
WFT-Trust is the first and only women’s rights fund in Tanzania that has been in existence since 2008 and has been at the forefront championing gender equality, equity and women and girls’ rights through a funding mechanism that features strong capacity enhancement, strengthening linkages and collaboration among women’s rights organizations and mobilising resources. WFT -Trust is seeking to engage a Senior Program Officer SRHR based at its Dar Es Salaam Headquarters.
Are you passionate about championing Sexual Reproductive and Health Rights?
Do you have an understanding of SRHR ecosystem in Tanzania? Are you interested in working with an organization that values women rights’ and believes in their collective organising power to leverage their voices and action towards realization of ALL rights for women?
Will you bring innovative approaches to movement building processes with an empowering agenda for change? Are you inspired to contribute to the mission and vision of WFT-Trust and its impact on gender equality, SRHR and women empowerment from the grass roots to the national level?
Then this position is for you!
Job Title: Senior Program Officer Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights
Functionally Reports to: Head of Programs
Overall Purpose of the Job
Under the supervision of the Head of Programs, the SRHR senior program officer will lead WFT’s efforts to implement the SRHR component of Programs portfolio by providing conceptual and operational leadership in mainstreaming SRHR agenda into the suite of rights advocated by WFT-Trust and specifically on SRHR conversation into the rights based approach agenda to WR coalitions and platforms, Support grass roots women rights organizations, women organizations and youth led organizations that implement SRHR interventions through funding and collective organizing and action and enhance WFT-Trust institutional capacity to deliver on its mandate. To achieve this WFT-Trust will work with women rights coalitions, cross movement actors and platforms to strengthen SRHR programming and advocacy capacity and provide financial and non-financial support to grass roots women’s rights organizations working within SRHR.
This is a senior-level position that is expected to provide technical expertise, organization level internalization of the agenda and day to day management of the portfolio implementation cycle with a keen focus on outcomes delivery of the key outcome areas (KOAs) as articulated in the ProDoc and in alignment with the overall WFT-Trust strategic objectives. The position holder will also work closely with team of Grants Officers and the Finance team to ensure grants move efficiently through the grant management cycle.
- Work with desk heads to mainstream SRHR agenda into program operations to ensure that they are sensitive to power dynamics.
- Provide organisational conceptual and ideological framework on SRHR and its link to the WFT vison and mission. Facilitate the setting of direction and coordination of all aspects of the project implementation, liaise with WR platforms, coalitions and grassroot women rights organisation focused on SRHR agenda through innovative programming design, funding, implementation support, monitoring, evaluation, and learning of interventions that advance rights-based agenda on SRHR.
- Provide multisectoral expertise on the SRHR themes to WFT to ensure effective and optimal use of resources during internal proposal reviews, grant issuance, and project implementation. Provide conceptual articulation of the essence of the project as well as programming leadership to implementation of the project in the field and at WFT-Trust program level integration.
Capacity Building and Learning:
- In collaboration with capacity building functions of GM and SPO MEL Oversee internal WFT-Trust assimilation of the SRHR agenda and its mainstreaming through for coaching and mentoring on SRHR agenda to staff, board and of trustee members and for Women Rights grassroots organisations through WFT’s “learning accompaniment model” which provides for tacit and explicit knowledge, as well as skills and attitudes through mentorship, coaching and training.
Advocacy and networking:
- Being agenda influencer by strengthening the collective voice and action of WROs and diverse actors through amplifying the conversation around SRHR for women and girls. Profile WFT and coalition amongst policy makers, funders and partners and develop their database for advocacy visibility and resource mobilisation.
Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Support partners with development of SRHR Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning systems/tools to monitor and evaluate impact and capture program performance and results.
- Tracking of Key Performance Indicators as approved by funding partners
Reporting and Communications:
- Provide accurate and timely reporting and updates on the SRHR portfolio and projects’ progress, challenges and lesson learnt. Ensure that the documentation of project achievements for communications materials such as the annual reports, brochures, and website are up to date.
- Contribute to resource mobilisation efforts of WFT for the advancement of the SRHR work, the entire organisation and the movement.
- Supporting program design – developing and refining program concepts, drafting program indicators and contributing to program strategy. The SPO SRHR will ensure that all WFT-T funded project(s) under SRHR reflect feminist and gender transformative strategic objectives.
Research and Documentation
- Analyse the impact of grantee implemented of SRHR projects and promote learning by documentation of best practices with WFT-T staff, grantees and partners
- Analyse key women rights policy issues within the SRHR ecosystem that WFT-T can leverage to shape policy advocacy work Minimum Academic Qualifications and Requirements
A University Degree or advanced university degree in Public Health, Gender Studies, Sociology, Social Work, Community Development, Law, social sciences or related discipline.
Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrated experience in managing multi-stakeholder projects especially in the field of sexual reproductive health and rights, women’s and girl’s rights and rights-based approaches.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of gender and change dynamics in rights-based interventions and an awareness of Tanzanian context with regards to SRH
- Proficiency to learn, unlearn and relearn about intersectionality of rights of women, children and other marginalized groups.
- Skills in program and project management and planning to fulfill performance objectives, including the timely implementation and reporting of donor-funded project activities
- Demonstrated people skills and leadership qualities
- Prior experience working with SRHR programs
- Gender transformation analytics skills
- Report writing and presentation skills
Remuneration will be in line with the set staff scheme of work of the organization which consider the experience and qualifications of the candidate.
To learn more about the job vacancies, minimum requirements and how to apply kindly visit our career page. http://wft.or.tz/who-we-are/join-us/
NOTE: Those who have already applied in response to the initial announcement either online or by physical submission to WFT Trust office in Masaki do not need to re-apply as their applications will be considered.
Please indicate on the subject line as Senior Program Officer Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights,
Deadline for submission of applications is on 14 th September 2020.