Senior Performance Monitoring Specialist, USAID Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Adaptation (T-MELA) Activity, Tanzania
Social Impact (SI) is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
Social Impact strives to be a great place to work. We are proud of our diversity and actively seek to expand it as a way of improving our employees’ experience, our collective professional breadth and the quality of the work we do. We seek to promote equity and inclusion through our policies and practices and build a culture of belonging for everyone where differences and authenticity are honored and embraced. We work hard to create opportunities for growth and ensure that our staff are fulfilled and engaged. We believe we are better when we collaborate, learn from one another and have fun while working hard.
Social Impact is preparing a proposal response for a four-year MEL support project to provide technical and advisory services to USAID/Tanzania to meet its Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning requirements by 1) strengthening the ability of USAID Agreement and Contracting Officer’s Representatives (AOR/CORs) to perform proper oversight of USAID-funded activities; 2) strengthening USAID and IP capacity and commitment to apply evidence for activity design, implementation, and adaptation; 3) strengthening USAID, IP, and government of Tanzania monitoring systems and processes; and 4) enhancing the capacity of local monitoring and evaluation organizations.
SI is seeking a Senior Performance Monitoring Specialist to lead the related component and the daily support service requests (monitoring, DQAs, rapid feedback assessments, support for MELPs, etc.) from the Mission, as well as guide efforts to strengthen Mission and IP performance monitoring skills and practices. The position is a full-time position for the duration of the four-year project, and will be based in Tanzania, contingent upon contract award.
**Please Note: Tanzanian citizens are encouraged to apply.**
- Oversee and guide monitoring support and data verification service requests (e.g. monitoring, DQAs, PMPs, rapid feedback assessments, PIRs, support for Activity MEL Plans, etc.) from the Mission.
- Guide efforts to strengthen and build capacity of Mission, Government of Tanzania, and IP performance monitoring skills and practices.
- Provide trainings to stakeholders on results-based management and creating effective monitoring indicators, plans, processes, and systems to improve performance monitoring.
- Oversee GIS product requests and oversee GIS capacity development.
- Provide support, leadership and technical expertise to ensure that the project meets all its performance and reporting requirements.
- Minimum of a Master’s degree in a relevant field such as international development, statistics, economics or another relevant field.
- A minimum of eight years of experience in monitoring and evaluation within complex international development contexts.
- Previous experience supporting USAID-funded contracts in a similar capacity.
- Experience in the design and management of indicators, M&E plans, performance targets, data quality assessments, data collection, and analysis.
- Experience using performance monitoring data for the improvement of ongoing project/activity management.
- Participated and/ or led the conduct of qualitative and/or performance monitoring and/or evaluations.
- Ability to conceptualize and structure monitoring activities and write reports clearly and concisely.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- ??????????????A commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive work and learning environment.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.