Deadline of this Job:
29 October 2021
Dar es Salaam
Sunday, October 17, 2021
, Base Salary:
Panagora Group is a small business providing novel and integrated solutions in global health and international development. Our goal is to provide innovative solutions that build national capacity and promote sustainability through robust local participation and capacity building, utilizing highly integrated and private sector solutions. Drawing on decades of experience across all developing regions, we offer a range of foundational international health and development services, with specialized expertise in global health; monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL); private-sector solutions; capacity building; knowledge management; and communications. As a small business, we are able to implement novel and innovative approaches using highly participatory approaches to mobilize community, civil society, and government energy in defining and owning solutions, and to promote inclusive development that benefits all groups.
Panagora, a prime contractor under the USAID’s EVAL-ME II Indefinite Delivery, Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) contract is seeking an experienced Operation Senior Manager for an anticipated Tanzania Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Support Platform contract. This five-year activity will assist mission with strategy- and activity-level performance monitoring, evaluation, and learning, including conducting data gathering and verification, data visualization, data quality assessments, impact and performance evaluations, assessments, organizational learning, and collaboration among USAID and its implementing partners.
This is a long-term position based in Tanzania, expected to start in mid-2022.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Under the direction of the Chief of Party, manage the overall office operations, human resources, procurements, and subcontracts in accordance with USAID rules and regulations, Panagora policies, and local laws.
• Collaborate with the finance and administration manager to manage office operations, finance and accounting, procurement and purchasing, facilities and office services, in-country travel, and logistics.
• Maintain office electronic and hard copy filing system, ensuring accessibility of files, and handle physical and virtual knowledge management.
• Support activity start-up, recruitment, and country registration process.
• Work closely with technical staff in preparing for and responding to activity needs for consultants, subcontracts, and any other requirements.
• Responsible for maintaining the database with up-to-date information on potential consultants and subcontractors and contracting them quickly.
• Oversee recruitment processes for all local staff and consultants, including developing scopes of work, reviewing and interviewing candidates, negotiating with selected candidates, and conducting due diligence checks (references, salary, and education).
• Oversee procurement and subcontracting processes in an efficient manner, meeting the requirements of Panagora policies, USAID regulations, and local laws.
• Support the development and administration of subcontracts, local partner agreements, and consultant agreements.
• Oversee human resources processes for all local staff and consultants, including onboarding, training, performance evaluations, ensuring staff and consultants have all necessary equipment, and providing ad hoc support to staff and consultants.
• Coordinate closely with the finance and administration manager to manage all activity-related travel, workshops, meetings, etc.
• Liaise with home office for special human resources or office requests by USAID, including on all international short-term technical assistance.
• Other duties as assigned by the Chief of Party
• A Master’s degree in business, human resources, law, management, or a related field (or undergraduate degree with six years of experience)
• Minimum of four (4) years of relevant work experience, including office and administrative management, human resources, and/or recruitment.
• Minimum three years of experience in international development managing donor-funded projects
• Experience recruiting, onboarding, and managing consultants
• Experience preparing and managing subcontracts.
• Excellent knowledge of USAID rules and regulations
• Excellent knowledge of MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel
• Ability to meet deadlines, multi-task, and adapt to frequently changing priorities
• Fluency in English, written and spoken.
• Local consultants are encouraged to apply.
• Reports to: Chief of Party
POST: OCCUPATIONAL HYGIENE INSPECTOR II – 5 POST POST CATEGORY(S) ENGINEERING AND CONSTRUCTION HEALTHCARE AND PHARMACEUTICAL EMPLOYER Occupational Safety and Health Authority (OSHA) APPLICATION TIMELINE: 2021-10-21 2021-11-03 DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES i.To…
Overview Job Category: Administrative Job Type: Full-Time Deadline of this Job: 22 October 2021 Duty Station: Dar es Salaam Posted: 14-10-2021 Requirements Job Description Vacancy title: 2 Health and Welfare…
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff include experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment,…
Kinondoni, Mikocheni Dar Es Salaam Details Description The candidate will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day routines of the sales and marketing team. Responsibilities Develop the vision and strategy for…
Kinondoni, Mikocheni Dar Es Salaam Details Description Background Information Tanzania Education Network/Mtandao wa Elimu Tanzania (TEN/MET), is a National Coalition (NEC) in Tanzania which was awarded a grant from the…
Overview Job Category: Management Job Type: Full-Time Deadline of this Job: 24 December 2021 Duty Station: Tanzania Posted: 25-10-2021 Requirements Job Description Vacancy title: Sociologist [ Type: FULL TIME ,…
Receptionist – Tanzania Job #: req13440 Organization: World Bank Sector: Administration/Office Support Grade: GA Term Duration: 3 years 0 months Recruitment Type: Local Recruitment Location: Dar Es Salaam,Tanzania Required Language(s):…
POSITION: MIDWIFE (Nursing Officer) Maternity Africa is a local nonprofit organization in Arusha-Tanzania, devoted to helping make child birth safe and treating obstetrical fistulas. We support local communities, provide information…
Arusha Mjini Arusha Details Description Introduction BareFoot International Limited is a company dealing with agricultural inputs, including fertilizers, seeds, agrochemicals, and farm equipment in Tanzania. Barefoot International Limited, distributes agro-input…
Overview Job Category: Administrative Job Type: Full-Time Deadline of this Job: 11 November 2021 Duty Station: Dar es Salaam Posted: 28-10-2021 Requirements Job Description Vacancy title: Quantitative Program Effectiveness Research…