Senior Nurse, FS5
Jobs at:United Nations
Deadline of this Job:
10 February 2022
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, January 13, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
This position is located in the Administration Division, Registry, of the IRMCT Arusha branch. Under the supervision and direction of the Senior Medical Officer.
• Responds to emergency calls and assists the Medical Officer in providing adequate care; ensures effective liaison between
• patient and private doctor, paramedics, family members, and colleagues as appropriate; documents case findings.
• Performs clinical assessment of clients visiting the walk-in clinic; provides care/advice accordingly or facilitates referral to
• the UN Medical Officer or to an outside physician, as indicated.
• Ensures preparedness of staff travelling on missions or reassignments, including administration of appropriate vaccine, instructions on malaria prophylaxis and other travel-related ailments. Instructs on the content and potential uses of the
• travel kit.
• Manages the day to day operations of the Medical Unit, including administrative aspects
• Assists in providing health education and health promotion programs; participates in work environment assessment, e.g.
• office ergonomics, and addresses other occupational health issues.
• Performs other related duties as required.
• Professionalism: Knowledge of clinical, occupational and travel nursing. Formal training in CPR / BLS and, preferably, in ACLS and ATLS / PHTLS or equivalent emergency medical care. Knowledge of modern medical information technology and solid computer skill. Shows pride in work and in achievements. Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter. Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results. Is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns. Shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges. Remains calm in stressful situations. Commitment to implementing the goal of gender equality by ensuring the equal participation and full involvement of women and men in all aspects of work.
• Planning and Organising – Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies. Identifies priority activities and assignments, adjusts priorities as required. Allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work. Foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning. Monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary. Uses time efficiently.
• Accountability – Takes ownership of all responsibilities and honours commitments. Delivers outputs for which one has responsibility within prescribed time, cost and quality standards. Operates in compliance with organisational regulations and rules. Supports subordinates, provides oversight and takes responsibility for delegated assignments. Takes personal responsibility for his/her own shortcomings and those of the work unit, where applicable.
• Client Orientation – Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view. Establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect. Identifies clients’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions. Monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems. Keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects. Meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client.
• Professional Nursing qualification from an accredited school of Nursing required. National registration and Nursing license are also required. A Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing is highly desirable.
• Job – Specific Qualification
• A license in nursing is required.
• Work Experience
• Minimum of eight (8) years relevant experience in nursing.
• English and French are the working languages of the Mechanism. For the post advertised, fluency in oral and written English is required. Knowledge of Kinyarwanda is an asset.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 96
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To apply follow this link https://careers.un.org/lbw/jobdetail.aspx?id=172153&Lang=en-US