Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Co-coordinator
Deadline of this Job:
04 October 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, September 29, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Co-coordinator
NELICO is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges.
NELICO is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
NELICO fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the jobs. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
Adolescents and Children HIV Incidence Reduction, Empowerment, and Virus Elimination (ACHIEVE) is a five-year global effort to reach and sustain HIV epidemic control among pregnant and breastfeeding women, adolescents, infants, and children. The project is funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) and implemented by a Pact led consortium of top global HIV/AIDS partners, including Jhpiego, Palladium, No Means No Worldwide, and WI– HER. These core partners are supported by a network of global and local strategic resource partners. ACHIEVE focuses on priority PEPFAR countries across Africa and the Caribbean. The ACHIEVE consortium works with USAID Missions, national governments, and existing response partners to identify gaps in HIV prevention and treatment programming among target populations. Using best practices and expertise along with innovations, the project is addressing critical gaps to meet country-specific epidemic control goals.
ACHIEVE is a USAID’s flagship initiative to address the needs of children, young people, and breast-feeding women affected by HIV. This includes supporting local organizations in serving these populations and ultimately building their capability to receive direct U.S. government funding for programs at scale. The project leverages the full strength of its consortia and related private and public sector stakeholders to support countries attain and sustain HIV epidemic control.
In Tanzania, starting in October 2021, ACHIEVE expects to receive funding from USAID to support the Government of Tanzania (Got) to achieve its aim of controlling the HIV epidemic, with a particular focus on programs targeting orphans and vulnerable children (OVC) and adolescent girls and young women, through the DREAMS (Determined, Resilient, Empowered, AIDS-free, Mentored and Safe) program, in 54 councils across 15 regions in Tanzania. Additionally ACHIEVE Tanzania aim to strengthen local organizations and the national- and community- level social welfare systems, structures, and workforce to support and sustain OVC to access HIV-inclusive services that support their health and well-being.
ACHIEVE Tanzania program has three Strategic Objectives:
• To strengthen the capacity of the national and community-level social welfare workforce, systems, and structures to ensure quality services for OVC, at-risk AGYW, and people living with HIV (PLHIV).
• To build capacity of local organizations to manage and implement USAID/PEPFAR awards as prime implementing ACHIEVE Tanzania Project will support the transition of prime funding and implementation to capable local partners to meet the PEPFAR goal of 70% of funding to local partners.
• To deliver high quality OVC services and DREAMS interventions for AGYW 9-14
• Percentage of HIV-positive OVC (required) and caregivers (optional) on ART, active or graduated, who are served by an OVC comprehensive program who are virally suppressed (1000 copies/ml) (OVC_VLS)
• Percent of OVC households which sustain or increase their economic well-being, as measured by the Family and Child Asset Assessment
• Number of female participants in WORTH Yetu groups designed to increase access
Job Title: Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator (M&EC) Reporting to: Senior Project Manager
Line Manager: Monitoring and Evaluation Officers (M &EOs)
Serve as an active member of the NELICOs management team for the implementation of ACHIEVE Tanzania project with the primary responsibility of strategic leadership and management of Monitoring and Evaluation functions under the leadership and direction of Senior Project Manager. The position will direct line-manage the project M&E officers in the (who will maintain reporting line to the Project Manager where relevant).
• Working in collaboration with the Senior Management team in the implementation and monitoring of the NELICO strategic plan (SP).
• Provide support to ensure programs are measurably more outcome-focused, gender sensitive, cost-efficient, responsive to clients’ needs and preferences, and adapted to contexts of
• Working under the guidance of the senior project Manager through collaboration with Technical Unit staff, to ensure that programs are designed and carried out according to NELICO best
Monitoring and Evaluation management:
• Support the design and manage M&E systems, tools and templates to monitor This includes developing log frames, data collection tools, as well as processes for data analysis and storage.
• Support the development of indicator tracking tools measuring program performance indicators as per donor reporting requirements and Projects Implementation Meetings (PIM).
• Develop monthly indicator tracking sheets for monitoring of program achievement on a monthly
• Conduct data Audits in the field as
• Design and implement appropriate evaluation methodologies for projects and programs including baseline, midterm and end line surveys, data analysis and report
• Manage any external consultants hired to undertake surveys or evaluations including drawing up TORs and data quality
• Conduct regular field visits to program sites to identify gaps in timeliness and quality of data reporting and work with relevant staff to address the
• Coordinate the production of timely reports to track performance and progress, according to standard procedures and
• Provide support to the program team in compiling reports, stressing the importance of data quality, indicator-based reporting and analysis of trends and the achievement of program objectives/outcomes.
• Ensure the Country Program’s Knowledge Management (capturing, analyzing, updating and sharing lessons from programs implementation)
• Review reports to ensure accuracy and quality before submission to
• Facilitate training of Program staff and partners on monitoring and
• Develop and implement SOP for how data for each indicator will be collected, managed, verified and used at each level of health information
Budget planning and management:
• Ensure that M&E department is adequately budgeted for in all current and new
• Manage M&E budget component in program budget in line with the approved implementation and spending
• Ensure efficient utilization of M&E financial and program resources (value for money).
• Ensure that financial controls, reports and accountability standards are
Co-ordination and Networking:
• Establish good working relations or networks with relevant stakeholders on M&E
• Co-ordinate a good working environment between M&E officers and other technical project staffs within ACHIEVE
• Preparation and sharing of qualitatively, semiannual, and annual progress reports for MOHCDGEC, partners and
• Develop and facilitate implementation of M&E reporting calendar and coordinate reporting activities during the reporting
• Provide coaching, mentoring and leadership guidance for M&E
• Motivate M&E staff to meet set targets and
• Ensure that staff understands organizational vision, mission and strategic
• Manage staff performance in collaboration with the senior project
• Deploy ability to organize own work and work
• Promote high performance by field
• Promote innovation and learning for field
• Communicate clearly and
• High ethical
• A Bachelor’s degree or master’s degree in statistics, biostatistics, demography, or other M&E related
• Academic qualification in monitoring and evaluation will be an added
• The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years professional experience working in Monitoring, Evaluation, and reporting, preferably working with donor funded
• Adept at data quality assessment, data analysis, visualization, and use
• 2 – 3 years’ work experience supporting technical or programmatic activities in orphans and vulnerable children (experience with health facility setting a plus).
• Competence in using information technology including experience with word- processing, spreadsheets and database software and experience with
• Experience implementing qualitative and quantitative research a plus
• Report writing and publication skills
• Excellent written, oral and presentation skills in English and Kiswahili
• Excellent peoples and partnership
• Collaborative team player with leadership skills
• Experience with PEPFAR 0 funded projects in Tanzania is a plus
• The candidate should have experience in training / workshop facilitation, mentoring and proven ability to develop and maintain effective work relationships with government and other NGO
• Ability to work effectively with multiple teams, partner agencies and community
• Knowledge of different database software
• Proficient with MS Excel, SPSS, Stata
• Availability and willingness to travel up to 50% time
NELICO is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
NELICO has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the NELICO, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. NELICO also adheres to strict child safeguarding Policy. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Kindly copy this link on a chrome browser to assess the online application form. https://form.jotform.com/212652517237555