Senior Manager – Monitoring and Evaluation
Jobs at:Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation
Deadline of this Job:
05 February 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, January 28, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation is a global leader in the fight against pediatric HIV and AIDS, working in 19 countries and supporting close to 6,000 sites around the world to prevent the transmission of HIV to children, and to facilitate access to services for those already infected. Today, because of the highly successful work of the Foundation and its partners, pediatric AIDS has been virtually eliminated in the United States. With a growing global staff of over 1,000—nine of 10 who work in the field—the Foundation’s global mission is to implement prevention, care, and treatment; further advance innovative research and to execute strategic and targeted global advocacy activities to bring dramatic change to the lives of millions of women, children, and families worldwide. .
EGPAF intends to hire Senior Manager for Monitoring and Evaluation (SM M&E) for a USAID-funded comprehensive HIV/TB/FP project in Tanzania. Reporting to the Associate Director Strategic Information. S/he will be responsible providing leadership, management and mentoring to M&E personnel and will collaborate with Informatics Senior Manager in Strategic Information functions and projects. SM M&E will serve as the focal person under the AD SIE with regard to all monitoring and donor reporting requirements and deadlines, and will be the direct manager of Associate Manager M&E, and Data Quality Advisor responsible for carrying out all monitoring and reporting functions and producing reporting deliverables, including responses to ad hoc data queries or appeals. The Senior Manager M&E will based in Dar es Salaam. This position will as well serve in a follow on project upon award. This position is only eligible for Tanzanian nationals.
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Masters in Epidemiology, Public Health, (Bio) statistics, computer science or related field OR a first degree with corresponding experience to demonstrate working knowledge and competencies equivalent to Masters-level training.
• Five or more years work experience in monitoring and evaluation, including experience with M&E tool development High level of computer literacy defined by proficiency in the basic Microsoft packages, and experience with data management and visualization software (excel, access, Power BI, Tableau). Ability to code in SQL or similar language an advantage, as is experience or proficiency in statistical analysis software (STATA, R, etc.).
• Strong team leader with extensive experience in managing and supervising people including capacity building,
• Well versed with project management basics and tools used in implementation
• Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills in English and Swahili, strong critical thinking, problem solving and attentive to details.
• Previous experience in HIV program monitoring and reporting (e.g. indicator and systems knowledge, etc.); preferably under US Government (PEPFAR, TB and FP) funding. Added advantage if conversant with GOT recording and reporting systems. (e.g. CTC, DHIS2, GOTHOMIS)
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Education Experience: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
To apply please click here https://phe.tbe.taleo.net/phe02/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=PEDAIDS&cws=41&rid=2300