TPB Bank PLC is a Bank that provides competitive financial services to our customers and creates value for our stakeholders through innovative products.
TPB Bank PLC is a Bank, whose vision is “to be the leading bank in Tanzania in the provision of affordable, accessible and convenient financial services”. As part of effective organizational development and management of its human capital in an effective
way, TPB BANK PLC commits itself towards attaining, retaining, and developing the highly capable and qualified workforce for TPB BANK PLC betterment and the Nation at large.
TPB Bank PLC seeks to appoint dedicated, self-motivated, and highly organized Senior Manager Data Centre (1 position) to join the Directorate of Technology and Operations team.
DIRECT REPORTING LINE: CHIEF MANAGER INFRASTRUCTURE
LOCATION: DAR ES SALAAM
WORK SCHEDULE: As per TPB Bank PLC Staff regulations
SALARY: Commensurate to the Job Advertised
The Position required to interact with Technology and Customers for the most part of his/her day. Good Technical, planning, and troubleshooting skills are a prerequisite for the job. The job requires an understanding of IT infrastructure and IT service in financial sector knowledge in order to provide sound and reliable advice to the organisation.
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
- Maintain data center infrastructure services, including power, cooling, and equipment racking configuration and cabling.
- Ensure recovery procedures of all technology hardware are operational and routinely validated.
- Manage the data center infrastructure including network, application systems, and security
- Ensure smooth operation of the data center infrastructure services.
- Manage ICT risk in relation to data center infrastructure and ensure the risk and control policies and frameworks are implemented in line with the risk appetite of the bank.
- Ensure the modernization of the infrastructure and possible virtualization of the data center.
- Review and ensure the data center change management controls are in place.
- Review systems related projects before implementation to verify that all necessary standards controls are in place.
- Coordinate the efforts of different ICT operational areas to ensure minimal duplication of efforts, maximize efficiency and value for money.
- Contribute to the development of business unit strategy by providing views on potential improvements for products or services and assessment of the existing situation and anticipated changes in the external environment.
- Pre-plan and prepare for Audits by identifying potential ICT risk areas and processes and participate in risk control assessment development.
- Ensure the availability of Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery plan.
- Monitor compliance with all ICT policies requirements and advise management of any gaps by conducting periodic reviews.
- Coordinate the closure of ICT policies and control gaps identified by the audit, self-review, etc. by engaging management to define, agree, and monitor progress.
- Manage patches for the systems in the data center infrastructure
- Manage third part ICT vendors in relation to data center support and overall administration.
- Provides input for fiscal year capital and operational budgeting of technology-related resources
- Ensure alignment and support of the bank-wide ICT Strategy and business objectives.
PROFESSIONAL AND INTERPERSONAL DETAILS
- Holder of Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Information Technology from any recognized University or equivalent discipline, ITIL, Price2, ISO270001 Certifications, and Virtualization knowledge.
- Possession of Masters in Computer Science will be an added advantage.
- At least 3 years’ experience in the Bank Operations
- Understanding of Banking Operations.
- Working knowledge of Core Banking systems
- Networking hardware, software and/or computer applications
- Working knowledge in Virtualization and server consolidation
- Experience in Business Process Reengineering
Skills / Attributes :
- Strong knowledge in TCP/IP model and Protocol
- Excellent skill in Configuration of Routers, Switches, and Firewalls
- Technical skill in Installation, Configuration, and Troubleshooting of Servers
- Hardware and Operating systems software
- Banking system
- Leadership and Management skills.
- Dynamic with the ability to work in a multi-site and multi-cultural environment.
- Strong writing, communication, and presentation skills.
- Ability to work under pressure
The position will attract a competitive salary package, which includes benefits. Applicants are invited to submit their resume via e-mail to: [email protected] Applications via other methods will not be considered.
Applicants need to submit only the Curriculum Vitae (CV) and the letter of application in Microsoft word format stating the job advertised. Other credentials will have to be submitted during the interview for authentic check and other administrative measures and should not in any way be attached during application.
TPB Bank PLC has a strong commitment to environmental, health, and safety management. Late applications will not be considered. Shortlisted candidates may be subjected to any of the following: a security clearance; a competency assessment; physical capability assessment and reference checking.
AVOID SCAMS : NEVER pay to have your CV / Application pushed forward.
Any job vacancy requesting payment for any reason is a SCAM. If you are requested to make a payment for any reason, please use the Whistle blower policy of the Bank, or call 0222162940 to report the scam. You also don’t need to know one in TPB BANK PLC to be employed. TPB BANK PLC is a merit-based institution and to achieve this vision, it always go for the best.
The deadline of the applications will be 24 th September, 2020