Management and Development for Health (MDH)
Deadline of this Job:
10 October 2021
Dar es Salaam
Monday, October 04, 2021
, Base Salary:
POSITION TITLE: Senior Laboratory officer – Non-Lab Testers Evaluation and Certification
LOCATION: Dar es Salaam
REPORTS TO: Laboratory Project Manager
: Senior Laboratory Project Officer – Non- Lab Testers Evaluation and Certification will be responsible to collaborate with the MoHCDGEC though, Health Laboratory Practitioners Council (HLPC), National Health Laboratory Quality Assurance and Training Center (NHL-QATC), Regional and Council Health Management Teams (R/CHMTs) and Development and Implementing Partners to guarantee provision of national support through training and evaluation program for HIV RT testers. He/ She will ensure the highest technical, logistical and administrative performance of the HIV RTCQI program in supporting the National Health laboratory services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Coordinate trainings for HIV RT Non-Laboratory testers in collaboration with MoHCDGEC, HLPC, Implementing partners and R/CHMTs.
2. Collaborate with stakeholders to conduct competence assessment to certify successfully candidates as per Government guidelines.
3. Design and implement supervisions, training and mentorship programs to improve participation and performance of facilities and HCWs on RTCQI. 4. Work with HLPC to coordinate HIV Non-Lab testers certification committee meetings on quarterly basis.
5. Conduct HIV RTCQI coordination and performance meeting at national and regional level in collaboration with R/CHMTs, Regional IPs and HLPC on quarterly basis.
6. Expand coverage and participation of RTCQI programs to Non-Lab Testers for HIV RT to all facilities though sensitization meetings.
7. Ensure effective execution of the approved workplan and budget to achieve the set targets.
8. Prepare, review and submit progress reports on weekly, monthly, quarterly basis and as needed.
9. Participate in the development of workplan and budget.
10. Carry out any other responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
Requirements: Education, Work experience and Skills:
1. A Degree or Master’s degree in Medical Laboratory or Biomedical Science and other related discipline.
2. Additional training in the Laboratory management, Laboratory Quality Management or public health will be an added advantage.
3. A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in working with PEPFAR funded programs in Laboratory management position or in implementing ISO 150189 standards especially in HIV care and treatment settings.
4. Experience in activities related to continuous quality improvement and proficient testing.
5. Experience in implementation of the Health Laboratory training guidelines according to the MOHCDGEC curricula.
6. Experience to work with the various stakeholders including R/CHMTs, Implementing Partners and other Government entities.
7. Experience in organizing/coordinating high level meetings and virtual trainings that involves different stakeholders.
Other Special Qualifications/Skills
1. Proficiency in Microsoft office especially Excel and Power Point Presentation or any other statistical software for data analysis.
2. Results oriented individual with ability to meet set target with competing priorities.
3. Ability to work both as individual and as a team with minimum supervision.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months:
Level of Education:
Job application procedure
Interested candidates for any of the above positions should submit an application letter, a detailed copy of their CV, names and contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of three work related referees. The candidate MUST clearly indicate the Title of the position applied for (as it appears in the advertisement) on the heading of the email. Applications should be submitted to the Human Resource Director through email
by 10th October 2021. MDH DO NOT have any agents and DO NOT charge any fees to the interested candidates. Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
Morogoro Mjini Morogoro Details Description HURUMA AIDS CONCERN AND CARE (HACOCA) is a registered Non- Governmental organization with its Head Quarters in Morogoro Municipal. It is a non-profit making organization…
POST: OCCUPATIONAL HYGIENE INSPECTOR II – 5 POST POST CATEGORY(S) ENGINEERING AND CONSTRUCTION HEALTHCARE AND PHARMACEUTICAL EMPLOYER Occupational Safety and Health Authority (OSHA) APPLICATION TIMELINE: 2021-10-21 2021-11-03 DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES i.To…
Job Title: UNIT MANAGER : UTILITIES AND PROCESSING Closing Date 2021/11/22 Reference Number CCB211104-6 Function Manufacturing Company Coca-Cola Kwanza (Tanzania) Job Type Permanent Location – Country Tanzania Location –…
POSITION: MIDWIFE (Nursing Officer) Maternity Africa is a local nonprofit organization in Arusha-Tanzania, devoted to helping make child birth safe and treating obstetrical fistulas. We support local communities, provide information…