Senior Human Resource Officer
Jobs at:Good Neighbors
Deadline of this Job:
31 January 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, January 22, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Good Neighbors is an international humanitarian development NGO founded in Korea in 1991. It was granted General Consultative Status from the United Nations Economic and Social Council (UN ECOSOC). The aim is to make the world a place without hunger, where people live together in harmony.
In Tanzania it was officially established on 2005 and our efforts work towards creating environment where children’s rights are protected and sustainable development of communities through empowerment, leadership and ownership.
Good Neighbors Tanzania is looking for individuals to join our highly motivated team in the following role below.... .
Position: Senior Human Resource Officer
Reports to: Managing Director
Location: Dar es Salaam
Contract Duration: 1 Year contract
Good Neighbors Tanzania – Head Office is looking for a suitable candidate for the mentioned post, who will be responsible to carry out HR business in the organization in order to ensure that, the welfare of staff and the organization are met so that the organization performs all of its operations efficiently.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist Assistant Manager to supervise human resource activities for effective performance
• Managing staff recruitment and conduct employee orientation, development, and training
• Check departments’ annual plan and prepare annual recruitment plan including sharing appropriate schedule and procedures required with all departments
• Prepare monthly staff payroll and ensure statutory contributions are submitted to the appropriate authorities within the time
• Manage performance management process by ensuring;
• Staff annual goals and job description are in place
• Staff performance tools are in place
• Mid and final appraisal is conducted to all offices within time
• Review appraisal reports and give feedback accordingly
• Appraisal documents are properly filled and kept in employees' files.
• Follow up on organization legal cases, ensure legal requirements in organization policy and regulations are met, and represent the organization at CMA/court whenever required
• Manage HR activities through the HR system and ensure the system is effectively used
• Develop and implement staff training, programs, and development activities
• Review, develop and execute HR policies
• Prepare employees contracts and develop terms and conditions
• Manage health and safety issues in the workplace
• Managing disciplinary issues, addressing employees concerns, and announcing changes or information from management to staff
• Manage and monitor HR budget including salary, statutory and other expenses
• Provides support to employees in the interpretation of HR policies and guidelines
• Any other related work as may be assigned
Qualification, experiences, and competencies
• Bachelor degree in Human Resource Management
• Four years’ experience in human resource management. Experience with NGO is an added advantage
• Experience with HR Management Software (e.g. payroll systems)
• Excellent communication skills
• An excellent written and oral command of English and Swahili
• Leadership skills, problem-solving skills, creativity in decision making
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Education Experience: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
All applications should be sent with an enclosed cover letter (addressed to Human Resource Division P.O. Box 33104 Dar es Salaam, Tanzania), detailed curriculum vitae containing complete names and addresses (postal, email, phone), together with names and contact details of three referees to: E-mail: [email protected]
All applicants should provide the current contact information of their referees.
The deadline for application is not later than 31st January 2021.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted through their active mobile numbers and email addresses.
Good Neighbors Tanzania will not be responsible for transport or/and accommodation during the interview, there will be no refund for the expenses incurred.