Bulyanhulu Gold Mine is seeking to recruit a Senior Finance Supervisor to join our team. The successful candidate for this position is expected to align to the Barrick DNA and drive a change within his team and the business on a practical note the purpose of this role is to provide technical leadership on Accounting, Financial reporting, Accounts Payable and Payroll as well as other assigned operational tasks within areas of competency.
Reporting to : Finance Superintendent
- Fully engagement on driving Zero harm initiatives, identify and stop wrong safety behaviors
- Adhere to our organization DNA’s and build team spirit
- Team leadership
- Ensure accuracy and timely financial reporting (Monthly and Quarterly)
- Preparation of Board write up and Presentation
- Preparation of Annual Financial statements
- Ensure that Variance Analysis is properly reviewed and timely submitted
- Financial models health check and communicate any abnormalities to be fixed
- Proper and timely preparation, review and signoff of balance sheet reconciliation
- Periodic review of provision accounts including freight on inventory.
- Close tracking of prepayments and amortization
- Ensure IFRS/IAS compliance
- Ensure compliance and close tracking of FWA related items.
- Work with corporate team to resolve outstanding NSSF/VAT receivable
- Ensure proper execution of annual audit plans – Internal and external
- Provide technical accounting support to the team members
- Proper Monthly Payroll cost review and trend analysis report
- Ensure Headcounts are properly mapped to the respective cost center
- Ensure timely suppliers’ payments and reconciliations are up to date
- Close Monitoring of Related party Transactions
- Review Monthly payment plan for cash flow purpose
- Ensure all back charges are timely booked and deducted from suppliers’ payment
- Ensure WHT, VAT and Payroll taxes compliance
- Proper review and control of G&A cost (all supporting departments)
- Ensure that SOPs are periodically reviewed and updated
- Contractors back Charges
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or Finance
- Certified Public accountant or equivalent
- 5 years’ experience in accounting senior position from mining industry
- At least 5 years’ experience in leadership
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Advanced excel, presentation and report writing skills
- SAP Knowledge advantage
- Leadership/ Supervisory Skills
- Time Management & Planning
- Communication Skills English and Swahili
- Audit handling experience
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses, benefits, and where applicable.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to grow and learn with industry colleagues are endless.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s, careful read application guidelines
- Rename your CV in this format CV - YOUR FULL NAME
- Indicating the role title “SENIOR FINANCE SUPERVISOR “ in the subject of your email
- Send your application via e-mail to: [email protected]
If you are not contacted by Barrick- Bulyanhulu Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward applications before 8 th May 2022
BEWARE OF FRAUDULENT ACTIVITIES! BGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Compliance Hotline, by calling +1-877-246-5399 or through www.barrickgold.ethispoint.com