Senior Collaboration, Learning, Adapting (CLA) Specialist, USAID Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Adaptation (T-MELA) Activity, Tanzania
Social Impact (SI) is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
Social Impact is preparing a proposal response for a four-year MEL support project to provide technical and advisory services to USAID/Tanzania to meet its Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning requirements by 1) strengthening the ability of USAID Agreement and Contracting Officer’s Representatives (AOR/CORs) to perform proper oversight of USAID-funded activities; 2) strengthening USAID and IP capacity and commitment to apply evidence for activity design, implementation, and adaptation; 3) strengthening USAID, IP, and government of Tanzania monitoring systems and processes; and 4) enhancing the capacity of local monitoring and evaluation organizations.
SI is seeking a Senior CLA Specialist to lead the related component and managing learning, and adaptive programming activities across the project, working closely with USAID/Tanzania. The position is a full-time position for the duration of the four-year project, and will be based in Tanzania, contingent upon contract award.
**Please Note: Tanzanian citizens are encouraged to apply.**
- Facilitate strong CLA management practices in USAID/Tanzania business processes and throughout the program cycle.
- Foster strong, collaborative relationships with key Mission stakeholders, serve as a convener for dialogue and learning around emerging issues, assist in identifying and responding to key learning issues, and coordinate efforts amongst implementing partners (IPs) working on common Development Objectives (DOs).
- Develop and implement a learning plan for the Mission and IPs that outlines key learning questions, stakeholders and their roles, and broad stakeholder engagement at multiple levels.
- Support strategic communications, including producing publications and organizing public events with partners and other stakeholders.
- Conduct business process re-engineering, including assisting in negotiating change management based on evidence from monitoring, evaluation, and learning related activities.
- Lead facilitation, including facilitating processes and workshops; facilitating learning, collaboration, and coordination among implementing partners and other collaborators with the greatest impact on results; producing reflections on the implications of new learning; developing product plans for adapting programs accordingly; and establishing a network of key stakeholders.
- Ensure that monitoring and evaluation information is shared and fully utilized through knowledge sharing and strategic learning processes to speed innovation and improve upon and bring new innovations to the Mission’s programmatic work throughout Tanzania.
- Master’s degree in field related to organizational learning or development assistance such as public, business, or development administration; knowledge management; political science; economics or development studies.
- Minimum of eight years of demonstrated experience in strategic planning; monitoring and evaluation; project design; facilitation of learning; and/or knowledge management, including experience in applying learning to improve international development programs and systems change for adaptive management of development organizations or agencies.
- Previous experience supporting USAID Missions or USAID Implementing Partners in a similar capacity.
- Knowledge of USAID CLA framework, Evaluation Policy, Localization, and other initiatives.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English.
- A commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive work and learning environment.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.