Senior Capacity Building Specialist, USAID Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Adaptation (T-MELA) Activity, Tanzania
Social Impact (SI) is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
Social Impact is preparing a proposal response for a four-year MEL support project to provide technical and advisory services to USAID/Tanzania to meet its Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning requirements by 1) strengthening the ability of USAID Agreement and Contracting Officer’s Representatives (AOR/CORs) to perform proper oversight of USAID-funded activities; 2) strengthening USAID and IP capacity and commitment to apply evidence for activity design, implementation, and adaptation; 3) strengthening USAID, IP, and government of Tanzania monitoring systems and processes; and 4) enhancing the capacity of local monitoring and evaluation organizations.
SI is seeking a Senior Capacity Building Specialist to lead the related component on development of capacity of Tanzanian institutions related to research and learning, especially in the youth sector. The position is a full-time position for the duration of the four-year project, and will be based in Tanzania, contingent upon contract award.
**Please Note: Tanzanian citizens are encouraged to apply.**
- Lead the component, including the development and implementation of the activities related to training and capacity building in MEL.
- Develop capacity building plan for local research organizations working on development issues related to youth.
- Identify opportunities to support locally designed and driven research projects.
- Provide funding, training, mentorship, and tools to enhance the skills of local entities undertaking locally-led research on issues of importance to USAID/Tanzania.
- Monitor improvements in the capacity of local organizations to design and undertake
- research and implement development activities.
- Support the publication and dissemination of any research resulting from capacity building activities.
- Minimum of a Master’s degree in a field such as international development, statistics, economics or another relevant field.
- A minimum of eight years of progressively professional experience in developing and supporting capacity of organizations within research and learning.
- Familiarity and/or experience on USAID Mission MEL support contracts.
- Experience leading training and building capacity in M&E.
- Familiarity with USAID’s objectives, approaches, and operations, particularly as they relate to capacity building, as well as USAID’s Localization Policy.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Previous experience supporting USAID-funded contracts in a similar capacity preferred.
- A commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive work and learning environment.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.