POSITION TITLE: SENIOR ADVISOR – QUALITY
SERVICE DELIVERY (1 POST)
REPORTS TO: REGIONAL PROGRAM MANAGER
The Senior Advisor Quality Service Delivery will be responsible for providing overall technical leadership and oversight of all USAID Afya Yangu Southern Zone programs and services in the 3 respective region. She/he will be responsible to the RPM and will work in close collaboration with other regional project staff, relevant region and district level health management teams in program implementation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provide technical leadership to supported USAID Afya Yangu Southern Zone programs including planning, execution, M&E and reporting of the entire program work-plan in the assigned region
2. Lead regional implementation of key program initiatives including HIV Testing (HTS) Services, Care and Treatment (C&T), PMTCT/EID, Ped HIV, Laboratory Support, Supply Chain Management and Retention and Community based health services, TB &TBHIV services to address program, donor and national priorities at her/his region
3. Actively participate and provide technical assistance (TA) to the R/CHMTs in planning, implementation, M&E, and reporting of HIV and TB and related health programs, including the regional and council health plans.
4. Oversee needs assessment, on HIV and TB programs in the region and organize efforts to address these needs including areas of capacity building through on-job training, mentorship and supportive supervision and health system strengthening in collaboration with the R/CHMTs.
5. In collaboration with the RPM, the Senior Advisor Quality Service Delivery will be responsible for the timely development of efficient work plans for the region and the monitoring of the progress versus planned activities and targets in these work plans.
6. Lead efforts in identification of gaps in HIV and TB programs; design and implement/oversee improvement initiatives to address these gaps; and write abstracts, posters manuscripts, and policy briefs to widely disseminate findings.
7. In collaboration with the RPM, the Senior Advisor Quality Service Delivery is responsible for distribution, follow up and weekly/monthly monitoring of set targets of key performance indicators by the region, districts and respective health facility.
8. Identify, engage and facilitate strategic collaboration with existing and new partners, in HIV and related services so as to maximize reach and impact of USAID Afya Yangu Southern Zone program activities in the region.
9. Collaborate with RPM, grants team and regional technical team in reviewing district subgrantees’ proposals and ensure implementation as per budgeted workplan so as to assure realistic target setting and adequate allocation of resources.
10. Lead efforts in writing technical program documents including work-plans, reports, best practices, lessons learned, and other relevant documents as required for wider dissemination and also for program evaluation.
11. Oversee efforts to robustly analyse and utilize program data to inform plans, priorities and resource allocation, write reports, best practices and lessons learnt for wider dissemination and also for program evaluation.
12. Ensure timely program monitoring and reporting activities for HIV and TB programs data including supporting strengthening of the related M & E systems- in collaboration with the ME&L team.
13. To supervise all regional technical staff under her/him and support them to achieve maximum potential. 4
14. Support and advise the Quality Service Delivery Manager on USAID Afya Yangu Southern Zone program implementation in her/his respective region and perform any other work-related duty as may be assigned by supervisor.
15. Perform any other related duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Required Education, Work experience and Skills:
1. Medical degree (MD or equivalent).
2. Master’s degree in the following fields: Public Health, Epidemiology, Biostatistics, or related discipline is preferred.
3. At least five years’ work experience in public health program including 3 years’ experience with facility-based HIV services program planning and implementation at the national or regional level.
4. Working knowledge with PEPFAR-funded HIV programs.
5. Demonstrable leadership experience in public health programs and services with competencies in supervising individuals and teams to deliver intended outcomes.
6. Experience in Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL), Data Analysis, Interpretation, Utilization and Operational research in the HIV and TB programs.
7. Fluency in both written and spoken English and Swahili Languages.
8. Strong computer skills (MS Excel, Access, Word, and PowerPoint).
9. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and strong problem-solving skills.
10. Ability to travel to implementation districts a minimum of 80% of time.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates for any of the above position should submit the application letter, a detailed copy of their CV, names and contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of three work related referees. The candidate MUST clearly indicate the Title of the position applied for (as it appears in the advertisement) on the heading of the email.
Applications should be submitted to the Human Resource Director through email [email protected] by 10th August 2022.
MDH DO NOT have any agents and DO NOT charge any fees to the interested candidates. Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.