Safety & training Superintendent
Jobs at:North Mara Gold Mine Limited
Deadline of this Job:
07 April 2022
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, March 24, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
North Mara Gold Mine Limited is seeking to recruit an Underground Safety & training Superintendent to join, our team. The successful candidate for this position is expected to align to the Barrick DNA and drive a change within his team and on a practical note will require to demonstrate self-directed application of theoretical , technical and practical knowledge to safely and efficiently an underground mine. Tasks performed involve a broad of complex and non-routine activities along with coordination of resources to achieve goals.
• Develop competency and capability to ensure a skilled workforce is developed for underground roles. Identify training requirements, develop and schedule training needs, monitor and maintain training records for the underground workforce.
• Development and implementation of safety systems, procedures, standards and initiatives in order to establish high operating and performance standards in the UG Mine.
• Identify improvement opportunities in work processes to reduce risk exposures to personnel. Implement value adding initiatives through structured change management processes.
• Ensure all site incidents, investments, workplace injuries and related documentation are managed and completed in line with existing standards and procedures.
• Ensure site compliance to company and site standards, relevant local and national legislation.
• Develop and implement site induction processes for Underground personnel and visitors.
• Implement and manage underground work area inspection and task observation programs
• Develop the knowledge, skills and abilities of employees and associated personnel in accordance with organizational policies and procedures.
• Provide support and assistance to the site for the resolution of safety and environmental issues and champion the consistent promotion of organizational policies, procedures and objectives and comply with organization safety reporting standards.
• Ensure compliance to leading indicators and execution of required leadership interaction with departments.
• Continuously improve the safety and training culture of the site.
• Ensure site associated personnel receive training and assessments that meet the competency requirements of North Mara systems.
• Deliver compliance to training plan / schedules in collaboration with line management.
• Deliver Underground Mining and Technical Training System
• Co-ordinate and Deliver Mobile Equipment, Drilling and Blasting and any other skills training sessions in line with the North Mara underground training needs analysis for specific roles.
• Facilitate the awareness of mining safe working procedure to all team in the Underground Mining Operation.
• Complete on the job follow up and field assessments as per the Safety, Environmental, Quality and Training Management Plan.
• Certificate IV or similar Qualification in Workplace Training & Assessment
• Sound knowledge of technical area operations in Underground Mining.
• Qualified to operate all equipment for which training is conducted
• Formal Mines rescue Training
• Experience Requirements:
• Minimum of five (5) years supervisory experience in a mining operation
• Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in UG safety and training
• 2 years’ experience in technical area of mining operations
• Experience working in multi-cultural orientations
• Skills/knowledge requirements:
• Sound knowledge of relevant Standard Operating Procedures
• Knowledge of safety systems and Incident Investigation
• Knowledge of Hazard Identification and Risk Management
• Sound knowledge of Workplace Safety and Health
• Facilitation and presentation skills
• Proficient Computer skills – MS Office
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s, careful read application guidelines
Rename your CV in this format CV – YOUR FULL NAME
Indicating the role title “ UG Safety and Training Superintendent ” in the subject of your email
Send your application via e-mail to: [email protected]