Research Officer (1 post) – Bohemia Project
Jobs at:Ifakara Health Institute
Deadline of this Job:
29 July 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, July 16, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Position: Research Officer
Reports To: Project Leader
Work Station: Rufiji and Kibiti
Ifakara Health Institute (IHI) is a leading research organization in Africa with a strong track record in developing, testing and validating innovations for health. Driven by a core strategic mandate for research, training and services, the Institute’s work now spans a wide spectrum, covering biomedical and ecological sciences, intervention studies, health-systems research and policy translation.
IFakara is looking for a qualified and experienced individual to work as Research Officer in the BOHEMIA project. The individual will be charged with assisting the social science work package leader to coordinate and implement all social science activities in the field.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist social science work package leader to supervise social science field workers, and Assistant social scientists during social science field surveys.
• Contribute to planning, collection, and management of social science data including data analysis and progress report writing.
• Supervise all interviews conducted by assistant social scientist who will reside/stay within the villages of the
• Assist coordinating all transcriptions and translations of
• Contribute to the development of community engagement strategies for implementation of MDA in the
• Contribute to the stakeholders mapping and analysis within the villages and district
• Organize and participate in routine supervisory team
Qualification and Experience
• Bachelor of Science in Sociology, Anthropology, Development Studies, Rural Development or related field of studies.
• Prior professional experience of at least 2 years working with research institutions on social science activities, data management and analysis using relevant software such as N-VIVO.
• Qualitative research skills and quantitative method
Skills and Competencies
• Ability to proactively and independently with flexible work
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (verbal and writing of English and Swahili); ability to speak Spanish or Portuguese will be an added
• Attention to details, structured and well
• Knowledge and skills on the use of analysis software such as Nvivo
• Knowledge and skills of writing research reports
• Knowledge and skills of conducting ethnographic, and photo voice surveys
• Knowledge and skills of conducting qualitative and quantitative data management and report writing
• Proficiency in Microsoft word, Excel, Office, google drive, google survey and google
• Willingness to travel and stay within the community/villages in the BOHEMIA study
An attractive and competitive remuneration package will be offered to successful candidates as per IHI salary scales.
IHI is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit intentional biases or discrimination and harassment of any kind at the work place and during recruitment. All employment decisions are based solely on job requirements and individual qualifications, and our recruitment process is governed by the labour laws of Tanzania.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
All candidates who meet the above job requirements should send their application letters together with their detailed curriculum vitae (CVs) showing contact addresses including email, telephone/cell phone numbers and copies of academic and professional certificates to the email address below.
The deadline for this application is 17:00hrs on Thursday July 29th 2021. All e-mail application subject lines should include: RESEARCH OFFICER – BOHEMIA. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview.
Human Resources Manager
IFAKARA HEALTH INSTITUTE
#5 Ifakara Street Plot 463 Mikocheni
P.O. Box 78,373
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Email: [email protected]